|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 22 / 22
1) Saptha Swaras and Chakras: pingali surya prabhakararao ( psprabhakararao at
yahoo.com) : ...There is a notion that the naming of the musical
notes have been inherited from Gayatri Mantra like Bhurbhuvassuvaha
(Sa from Ssuvaha) Bhargo(Ga from Go)(Viturvarenyam(Ri from Re)
Dheemahi(Ma from Mahi) Dheemahi(Da from Dhee)Prachodayat(Pa from Pra)
Dhiyonah (Ni from nah) These musical notes are being governed by
certain devatas dwelling in our bodies which are housed at certain
2) Inligo: Frontier: Userland's Frontier is a cross-platform application for managing and automating web publishing. Commercial (Frontier 6) and free (Frontier 5.01) versions are available for MacOS and Windows.
Rick : Heath Tanner is god!
4) Start-up crusader keeps the Silicon Valley spirit: "Investors are looking for four qualities: hard-core science and
technology; a strong core of a management team with experience;
identifiable potential customers with money; and a believable
business model. In the past, if you were missing some of these
qualities, you could still get funded. Now, you have to have just
about everyone of them."
came across while searching for Einstein's quote... all things
6) we borrow the land from our children !: Things are not allright any more. And an eternal truth which the
Haida Indians still know is forgotten: "We do not inherit this land
from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children."
7) THE MERCK MANUAL--Home Edition, Sec. 4, Ch. 38, Occupational Lung Diseases: Occupational lung diseases are caused by harmful particles, mists,
vapors, or gases inhaled while a person works. Where in the airways
or lungs an inhaled substance ends up and what type of lung disease
develops depend on the size and kind of particles inhaled. Larger
particles may get trapped in the nose or large airways, but the
smallest ones reach the lungs. There, some particles dissolve and may
be absorbed into the bloodstream; most solid particles that don't
dissolve are removed by the body's defenses.
8) Shirley\'s Wellness Cafe: Holistic Health for People and Animals: Type the description here.
9) RESPIRATORY SYSTEM : STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF THE LUNG : The main function of the lungs is (rapid) gas exchange. This is
accomplished by a well-coordinated interaction of the lungs with the
central nervous system, the diaphragm and chest wall musculature, and
the circulatory system.
Although HCE is very rare, it can kill. Dr. Martinenko says knowing you have the condition can greatly improve your odds of surviving it. A "yes" answer to any three of the following seven questions could mean that you have HCE:
11) Log on to Premji\'s 10-point success mantra: WIPRO chairman Azim H Premji, one of India's most successful entrepreneurs, on Friday prescribed a 10-point recipe for success, based on the lessons he had learnt during his last 35 years in the organisation.
"What saddens me most is to see young, bright people getting disillusioned by a few initial setbacks and slowly turning cynical and some of them want to migrate to America in the hope this is the solution," he said adding, it required courage to keep dreaming.
Stressing on the importance of "dreams", Premji said they were most needed not when everything was going right, but when everything was going wrong.
"Being the best in the country is not enough: one has to be the best in the
world," he said, adding that excellence was a moving target and one had to
constantly raise the bar.
Yes... ok, I admit it... I work for complete morons.
You might be working for morons if... you find a book
entitled "Morons for Dummies" in the restroom (management's
second 'office')... or, you spend half of every company meeting
discussing the "you don't give somebody a hotdog when they order a
hamburger" business analogy... or, you are required by mandate of the
Moronic Management Manifesto NEVER (especially on your own free time)
to try and improve the communication and workflow of your company----
how dare the intelligent try and confuse the morons!!!
c Semper Tyrannis >>> Thus ever to tyrants. The motto of the State of Virginia. John Wilkes Booth is supposed to have shouted this phrase as he jumped to stage of Ford's Theater after shooting Abraham Lincoln.
Appa : all management gurus throughout the world say the
word 'manager' is misnomer. Current society, at least in developed
countries, is a networked society. They can manage themselves. They
want only a leader. (As Abraham Lincoln said a leader is only a
primus inter pares). Also remember that he who knows and knows that
he knows alone is the leader.
14) Observing Without the \"Me\", Krishnamurti, Brockwood Park, 9/5/70: It is always difficult to keep simple and clear. The world worships success, the bigger the better; the greater the audience the greater the speaker; the colossal super buildings, cars, aeroplanes and people. Simplicity is lost. The successful people are not the ones who are building a new world. To be a real revolutionary requires a complete change of heart and mind, and how few want to free themselves. One cuts the surface roots; but to cut the deep feeding roots of mediocrity, success, needs something more than words, methods, compulsions. There seem to be few, but they are the real builders--the rest labor in vain.
16) The Spiritwalk Reader: Ten Rules for Being Human ~ Cherie Carter-Scott: All your answers lie inside of you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
1. You will receive a body.
17) how impressions are formed: An experience in the sense plane sinks into the depths of the subconscious mind. There it becomes a samskara (an impression). The impression of an experience is formed, in the citta, (subconscious mind), at the very moment that the mind experiences it. There is no gap between the present experience and the formation of the samskara in the subconscious mind. ...
Samskara is also known as 'residual potency'. When all vrttis or thoughts die away, the frame of the mind remains, with the samskaras. This is termed the 'potential mind'. All samskaras co-exist in the mind. Vrttis slowly subside, leaving traces in the mind. These traces are samskaras. From them springs memory.
If you have yogic vision, you can vividly notice the marvels that take place in the mental factory of an individual. You can see how the vrtti arises in the mind-lake. You can see how it subsides. And you can see how a samskara is formed. You will be struck with wonder. Samskaras are like forces they either aid or inhibit one another.
The sum total of all samskaras is known as karmasaya (receptacle of works) and this is called sancita karma (accumulated works). When a man leaves the physical body he carries with him his astral body of seventeen tatvas (elements) and the karmasaya, to the mental plane. Karmasaya is burnt in toto by the highest knowledge, obtained through asamprajnata samadhi (the non-dual superconscious state).
19) Thoughts Worth Thinking: "What is life but the angle of vision? A man is measured by
the angle at which he looks at objects. What is life but
what a man is thinking of all day? This is his fate and his
employer. Knowing is the measure of the man. By how much we
know, so we are."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
20) Welcome to the Ventura River and Ojai Valley Community: One Man\'s Retreat from the City to the Country: .....I have obviously thought all this out, in the hopes
that one can improve one's circumstances through patient
planning. Not five years ago I was an overwhelmed
beginning teaching in the ghetto and could hardly have been
more miserable. If I currently enjoy a modicum of
happiness, I flatter myself in believing I have earned it.
Why not be happy? Like Horace in his Epistles I hope
to "walk in silence through the healthy woods, pondering
questions worthy of the good and wise." (Tacitum sylvas
inter reptare salubres, / Curantem quidquid dignum sapiente
bonoque est.) I look to live in Ojai not as a hermit yet
with detachment, in a spiritual withdrawal where I can more
easily adjust where the outside world ends and my interior
life and ease of mind begins.....
21) Sheila: July 4, 2001 : it's time for real personal responsibility: Ok, I get the point, but looking at this makes me feel
sick. I absolutely cannot agree with the
position that the American flag has "been a corporate
doormat for years". That's not what it means to me. I say
it's time for real personal responsibility. Quit crying
about the big mean companies running your life and just
stop letting them. It's not that hard. Just don't buy their
stuff. And if you don't like what's happening in politics,
figure out something real to do about it. Don't just show
me an ugly defacement of a symbol that means alot to most
Americans. Do something really revolutionary, not just
something "clever". If the federal government seems too big
and too much under the influence of corporations, try doing
something to improve your local community. Try helping your
neighbors, instead of just insulting them and then
wondering why they won't listen to you. Anyway Happy
Independence Day, I celebrate and am endlessly thankful for
your right to be idiotic.
22) Programmers and Marriage: Brent : And my wife runs a weblog. It's
helpful if you make software your wife likes and uses.
(The downside is that you get bug reports over the dinner
table. You actually live with one of your users.)