|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 10 / 10
1) Oracle to move software development to India from California, Sydney, Dublin: "The benefit of moving work from our other international centers to
India is not only in terms of cost but also because of the superior
quality of services we get," the paper quoted Keith Budge [ Oracle's
regional managing director for South Asia ] as saying.
2) India to become global hub for mission critical work: Gates: BANGALORE: Microsoft chief Bill Gates said on Wednesday that India
was on course to become a global hub for 'mission critical activity'
in software as it was increasingly earning a reputation for its
quality work and delivery on time.
3) IBM'S Gerstner Says Company Was Close to Buying SAP - in 1996: International Business Machines Corp. came close to buying Germany's
SAP AG, the biggest maker of business software, in 1996, the
Financial Times reported, citing IBM Chairman Lou Gerstner's
book "Who Says Elephants Can't Dance?"
IBM had recently acquired Lotus Development Corp., another business
software company, and was poised to buy SAP when Gerstner, who was
then chief executive officer, vetoed the transaction and instead took
IBM out of the business software business, the newspaper said.
4) Methods GET and POST in HTML forms - what's the difference?: In HTML, one can specify two different submission methods for a
form. The method is specified inside a FORM element, using the
METHOD attribute. The difference between METHOD="GET" (the default)
and METHOD="POST" is primarily defined in terms of form data
encoding. The official recommendations say that "GET" should be used
if and only if the form processing is idempotent, which typically
means a pure query form. Generally it is advisable to do so. There
are, however, problems related to long URLs and non-ASCII character
repertoires which can make it necessary to use "POST" even for
5) Adjusting your monitor: ...Monitor Height - The proper monitor height is vital in preventing
gradual neck and upper back strain. The most effective way to
determine correct monitor height is to sit correctly in your chair
or where ever you view your monitor. Next, close your eyes and
position your body and head in a neutral and comfortable position -
your spine should be straight and head centered over your shoulders.
Then, open your eyes and note at which point your eyes are initially
focused on. This area should correlate to the center of your
monitors screen or the part of the screen you view most frequently...
6) Spiritualist Basics: There is a quality of the universe called vibration. Every thing and
every one vibrates. Vibration can be thought of as being on a scale
from low (and slow) to high (and fast). Your vibration is low when
you are depressed because you have lost your job or have turmoil in
your family. You walk into a room where two people have just had a
violent argument and you can "cut the tension with a knife" the
vibration is low also. When you get up in the morning, it's a
beautiful day and you have that feeling that "everything is perfect"
or you are feeling love for someone, the vibration is high.
Using Amazon Web Services With PHP And SOAP: ...It's the coolest store on the Web - and now, its databases are
accessible to you. Welcome to Amazon Web Services, an XML-based API
that allows you to quickly build an online store that leverages off
Amazon.com's massive databases...
10) Ways to win, lose at SAP game: ...No SAP user expects to be able to go live, and thrive, without
mistakes. More often than not, it's the fault of an IT team, and not
the SAP software, when projects go awry, according to many experts...