|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 24 / 24
1) Knowledge@Wharton - Confessions of a Recovering Workaholic: For many years Jonathan Lazear spent long hours building a literary
agency whose success brought him the usual trappings - large house,
new cars, expensive vacations. It wasn't until he realized that his
work habits had led him to ignore virtually every other part of his
life that he stepped back - and wrote a book. In The Man Who Mistook
His Job for a Life, Lazear talks about being addicted to work and
offers advice to help readers avoid the same fate.
4) SAP India To Double Staff: Despite the general economic slowdown, SAP India , the local arm of
the German software giant, plans to double its employee strength in
India over the next 12 months. SAP India has an employee strength of
around 520 and plans to increase this number to about 1,000 within
the next year, said Zia Yusuf, managing director, SAPMarkets, Asia-
Pacific solutions. It has plans to increase its presence in India to
cater to the growing market.
5) Is the world's favourite hate figure to blame? Osama Bin Laden: He will have watched satellite television, he will have sat in the
corner of his room, brushing his teeth as he always did, with a
mishwak stick, thinking for up to a minute before speaking
6) A Brahmin\'s Cow Tales : OutLookIndia.com: Beef—it's the oldest shibboleth in the Indian mind. It is with
textual evidence from Hindu, Buddhist and Jain canons that historian
D.N. Jha takes on the sacred cow.
7) Travel to Dresden - Germany: Dresden's residents say they live in Germany's most beautiful city.
Even after years of some neglect during the time of the GDR, Dresden
has a singular attraction, and is getting better all the time.
10) Luigi Cornaro: How to Live 100 Years -- La vita Sobra: He cut down his intake of food to twelve ounces of solid foods and
fourteen ounces of wine. He called his system la vita sobra, which
became the name of the book he wrote later, "The Sober Life." With
this small intake of food, Luigi immediately began to feel better. At
the end of the year he was completely free of all his health
11) historia : With this application, you don't write your story chronologically,
from beginning to end. You write your story one memory at a time. The
application takes care of inserting the memory on your 'memory map'
based on the date it took place
12) Managing the Digital Enterprise | Open Courseware | Professor Michael Rappa: Type the description here.
13) Managing the Digital Enterprise | Business Models: Business models are perhaps the most discussed and least understood aspect of the web. There is so much talk about how the web changes traditional business models. But there is little clear-cut evidence of exactly what this means.
In the most basic sense, a business model is the method of doing
business by which a company can sustain itself -- that is, generate
revenue. The business model spells-out how a company makes money by
specifying where it is positioned in the value chain.
14) Microsoft shows off research goodies - Tech News - CNET.com: Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates on Wednesday demonstrated technologies
for transcribing spoken Chinese, making handheld computers aware of
when they're being touched and moved, and adding emotion to computer
slide shows. At an event recognizing the 10th anniversary of
Microsoft Research, Gates indulged his fondness for technology,
raising hopes for a world where computers will become more
useful. "The message you'll get is one of incredible optimism," he
said as he described Microsoft's vision for its research labs.
16) How to Stress Less -- And Smarter: "So many people have been living stressful lives for so long that they've become desensitized. It's kind of like living in the flight path of O'Hare airport. After a while, you stop hearing the big jets overhead."
-- Dan Baker, director of Canyon Ranch family business group
17) Relax when you meditate...: Relax when you meditate... just let the body be there, the mind be there, and you are neither. You are a watcher. Watch the body, watch the mind, and remember: you are simply the watcher. Bodies come and go, mind changes every moment, only the watcher remains for eternity. This watcher is your original face.
If you cannot see another world you are blind. If you do not know how to say a gentle word, when it is necessary, you are dumb. If you are tormented by too many desires you are poor. If you have a contented heart you are rich.
20) To bring about a fundamental revolution in oneself...: To bring about a fundamental revolution in oneself, one must understand the whole process of one's thought and feeling in relationship. That is the only solution to all our problems.
22) Hewlett-Packard to Buy Rival Compaq -NYT: Computer giant Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE:HWP - news) will announce on Tuesday it is buying rival Compaq Computer Corp. (NYSE:CPQ - news) for $25 billion in stock, The New York Times reported on Monday evening, citing executives close to the negotiations.
While an agreement had been reached in the acquisition, specific
terms were not disclosed, according to the newspaper. However, a
premium is being offered for Compaq's stock, The New York Times
24) 'Madras' came from 'Madrasa'! : Famous Jang reporter and columnist Nusrat Javed wrote that while he
was in Tamilnadu he was asked by a Muslim there not to call the
capital city Chennai but Madras. He was told that the city was once
named after a Muslim seminary located there, Madrasatul Islam, which
the British had accepted as Madras.