|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 48 / 48
1) Savithri Arts Academy: Internationally acclaimed classical dancer Dr. Sinduri Jayasinghe is
the Founder, Director and Guru of Savithri Arts Academy which was
established in 1997. Specializing in Bharatha Natyam, Kuchipudi, folk
dances of India and Sri Lanka, we offer Karnatic and Hindustani
musical courses as well. The Academy is situated in Cerritos, California.
2) Chicago Tyagaraja Utsavam: Chicago Tyagaraja Utsavam (CTU) is a not-for-profit organization
dedicated to promoting Carnatic music in the USA. We actively support
students, teachers and amateurs of all ages in the midwest to learn,
perform, master and propogate this classical art which is at once
ancient and contemporary.
3) looking for classical vocal and instrumental (mirudhangam, gatam or tabla) in the Illinois area: Madhan Dhanikachalam (madhan_dc AT yahoo.com) is living in
Bloomington, IL. and looking for courses in classical vocal and
instrumental (mirudhangam, gatam or tabla).
5) Savita Sreeram wishes to perform and teach music in New Jersey: Somebody claiming to be Savita Sreeram (sreevita24 AT yahoo.com)
6) Sampradhaya - School for Carnatic Vocal, Violin and Keyboard Lessons - Palatine, IL: At Sampradhaya, We teach carnatic Vocal, Bhajans, Violin, Keyboard
for Kids and Elders of age 4+. We are located in Palatine and are 10
minutes away from major cities of Schaumburg, Buffalo Grove and
Vernon Hills. You can reach us at 847-934-7268/847-682-2287. You can
also contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Somebody claiming to be Jayashree Kumar (jskumar AT juno.com) wrote:
I am looking for a Flutist and a Violonist to play for an Arangetram in Memphis, TN USA. Please let me know if anyone is interest4ed.
Best regards Jayashree Kumar - contact jskumar AT juno.com
8) The Art of Tabla: Classical & Contemporary Solo Tabla of India: Sangeet Studios: World Music Performance & Learning Center, 1212
Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. tel: 856-745-5361 - email:
tabla AT sidmehta.com --- Teaching classes in NJ, PA, & DE
9) Gita Govindam on May 21, 2005 at Plainsboro, NJ: Nrithyanjali Institute of Dance, a NJ based Not for profit institute
with a mission to preserve and promote Indian classical art forms,
are organizing an event Gita Govindam on MAy 21, 2005 at Plainsboro,
NJ. It is choreographed and presented by Padma Bhushan Kalanidhi
Narayanan, based on Jayadeva's compositions.
10) Jayashree Venkatesh and Venkatesh teach Carnatic Vocal, Violin and Keyboard and Bhajans in palatine, IL.: Jayashree Venkatesh and Venkatesh teach Carnatic Vocal, Violin and
Keyboard and Bhajans in palatine, IL. Our phono number
is 847 934-7268 and email is jayvenpad at hotmail.com
...Dance to the rhythm of life
Bharatanatyam, Folk and bollywood style dance lessons are offered to children between 5-16
Classes are taken on individual basis and in batches.
Choreography for filmi and folk dance are offered to both adults and youngsters..
Classes are conducted in Edison, NJ.
Email: bharatanatyamclasses at yahoo.com
12) Carnatic Music classes NJ: This is Sirisha Yerramilli. I am conducting carnatic music classes (vocal),light music,slokas and bhajans near Hamilton NJ.I'm disciple of Smt.Sundari Janaki Raman. Contact me at email email@example.com for further information.
13) Sowmya Natarajan teaches Carnatic vocal veena and tiruppugazh lessons at Edison NJ: "I teach Carnatic vocal and Veena in Edison New Jersey. I'm a direct
student of Dr. Chittibabu."
Individual attention for children and adults taking Carnatic vocal and
veena lessons. Tiruppugazh classes for children and adults are
preferably for those who are comfortable with tamizh. Contact me at
732 662 7458 or at sowmya_cotah AT yahoo.com
15) Desikan Ramaswamy, vocal music teacher (Northwest suburbs of Chicago in Mt Prospect): My name is Desikan Ramaswamy. I am a direct disciple of violin
maestro Shri Lalgudi G Jayaraman. I am looking to teach vocal music
if anyone is interested. I have learnt vocal singing directly from
Shri Lalgudi Jayaraman for over 17 years. I live in the Northwest
suburbs of Chicago in Mt Prospect. If you are interested in learning
south indian classical carnatic music, please contact me via email -
desikanr AT yahoo.com or phone - 847 258 3145
16) "Be the change" - AID Tucson brings Guitar Prasanna and Drums Steve Smith: AID Tucson proudly presents "Be the change" An event that brings
together the best of Indian Carnatic and Western Jazz music -
Come.Be the change!
18) Sampradaya - From Myths to Modernity: Shobana will be in the u.s to perform for the world music ( an off
platform at the symphony theatre new york) on Saturday 15th November
2003 at 8
pm . They are only the second indian dance group to be presented by
prestigious instiute and the government of india. She will be joined
dancers and musicians on vocals, violin, veena, and mrdangam. Their
Sampradaya - From Myths to Modernity, will encompass traditional and
Website : http://kalarpana.tripod.com/homepage/id10.html
This is a special invitation for those in New York and surrounds from
19) Guitar Lessons in NJ: Professional guitarist and conservatory instructor offering acoustic
guitar lessons (all styles) to students of all ages and levels.
Edison/Woodbridge area. Reasonable rates! Call me at (908) 565-2957
or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask for Patrick.
20) Carnatic Violin/Vocal Lessons Offered in California East Bay Area: Update on 2005 10 26 - no longer taking new students - For details, please
contact Deepa Mani at deepa73 AT hotmail.com
22) GEETHA VIDYALAYA: Teaches Carnatic Music (Vocal & Veena)in Bay Area. Geetha Iyer has masters
degree in Music from Trivandrum, Kerala, India. 20 years of experience in
teaching Music. Geetha Iyer has been teaching Music to all age
groups. Contact Geetha Iyer.
Phone # (510) 809-7474 Email: email@example.com Address: Fremont, CA
23) Mirudhangam-Teacher in Oakdale, PA: Mirudhangam-Teacher.
Address: Oakdale, PA ( changed on 2005-06-03. previously: 3K Reading Road,
Edison, NJ-08817 )
This teacher learned and had been performing since 1990.
Guru: Poongulam Shri. Sabesaiyer.
Classes available in weekends too.
24) Ms. Meenakshi Tumuluri: "My name is meenakshi. Recently i started Carnatic music classes
(Vocal) in (Bergen County) westwood , NJ . I'm a Disciple of Sangita
Kalanidhi Sri Tangore Viswanathan .And also Iam a M.A (Music) Gold
Medalist. If anyone intrested to learn contact me at this phone #
(201) 664-0901." - meenakshi_tumuluri at hotmail.com
25) Mrs. Subhadra Natarajan: Profession: Carnatic Music teacher & Music composer
26) Aparna Devaguptapu: Carnatic Vocal Lessons in Cleveland, OH: Contact Details:Phone: 3309633967
28) Kala Iyer and Kalalaya: Kala Iyer has an institution of music called KALALAYA and teach all
levels of carnatic music (vocal). Has a degree of music and lots of
teaching experience. phone number is: (510) 796-5252. -- Kala Iyer
29) Vijaylakshmi Abhijit: I teach carnatic vocal music -in Irvine,CA -
If you cannot see another world you are blind. If you do not know how to say a gentle word, when it is necessary, you are dumb. If you are tormented by too many desires you are poor. If you have a contented heart you are rich.
31) BBC News | AMERICAS | US rejects germ warfare plan: The United States has refused to sign up to an international agreement designed to enforce a ban on the use of biological weapons. Washington's representative to the United Nations-sponsored talks in Geneva said the US was unable to support the draft accord - the result of years of debate - because it would not achieve its goals and would hurt American interests.
The message that goes out now is that the world does not care about
biological weapons - the most dangerous kind of all
Biological weapons expert
Donald Mahley said: "In our assessment, the draft protocol would put
national security and confidential business information at risk."
32) Seattle Adopts Kyoto Limits, Scolds Bush: Dubbed the Emerald City for its lush urban forests and boasting some
of the greenest power and waste programs in the nation, Seattle
pledged to beat the Kyoto goal to cut carbon dioxide emissions by 7
percent from 1990 levels and try to cut three times that much.
35) Raag: Indian Music - Classical, Carnatic, Hindustani, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu,Bengali, Malayalam,Punjabi, Bhangra, Gujarati, Marathi, Ghazals, Bhajans, Meditation, Kundalini, Chakras,Mahabharat Audio CD etc.:
42) SAP Design Guild : CHI 2001 - A Collection of Very Subjective Snippets: Visiting the CHI is always like being in "trance" for me.
They keep you busy from morning to night for a couple of
days, with only little time left for taking a breath. Not
that I discovered tons of new things and ideas that will
change my future work, but once again I felt I was at the
central nerve of usability. That's reason enough to queue
in for one of the next CHIs.
Does anyone have the correct number ?