|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 28 / 28
1) A Technical Introduction - Shruthi: .....even in Carnatic, we have 12 notes in the octave, even though
they are referred to by 16 names.....If we assign R1, R2 & R3 to the
three possible Rishaba notes and G1, G2 & G3 to Gandhara notes, the
actual pitch of R2 is same as that of G1 and R3 is same as that of G2.
So, instead of 6 possible notes between Sa and Pa, we only have 4 (R1,
R2 or G1, R3 or G2, G3).....
2) P. Venkataraman's Collection of some Ragas and Compositions: ...These pages contain many of the compilations I continue to make
as I teach myself Carnatic music. I am a student of flute and
keyboard...This is a searchable database with about 5000 entries...
7) Lean Aerospace Initiative : Right Thing, Right Place, Right Time: The Lean Aerospace Initiative (LAI) was born out of practicality and
necessity as declining defense procurement budgets collided with
military industrial overcapacity prompting a demand for "cheaper,
faster, and better" products.
14) Music India Online - The ultimate indian music resource: 5 star must see - one of the best sites...
17) Pramila's Carnatic Music Page: It states "Here is my collection of some interesting information
related to Carnatic Music, or the classical music of Southern
India. I have here the summaries of discussions related to
various ragas that I have compiled so that more people can
download and read them all in one place. I also have some
current concert reviews and a list of books/periodicals related to
Carnatic Music. Hope this helps whet the appetite of music
lovers all over the world in some small way... "
23) Electronic Route Plan / Nahverkehrsgesellschaft Baden-Württemberg: nothing more to say !