|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 31 / 31
1) Carnatic Music Page of Deepa Srinivasan: She has performed in Bangalore, Cuddalore, Thanjavur, Karaikudi,
Mallur and so on. She has peformed in different sabhas like Vidwath
Samajam, YACM, Bharath Kalachar, Kapali Fine Arts, Mylapore Fine Arts,
Rasika Ranjani Sabha, Naada Inbum in Madras; and in sabhas like Gayana
Samaj, Indian Institute of World Culture, Yuvanika, Jayanagar Cultural
Association in Bangalore. She has also performed in places like
Austin, College Station, Houston and Dallas in the USA
2) Chembai Vaidyanatha Iyer: With a knowledge of the art deeply acquired and with a voice that
earned Chembai Vaidyanatha Bagavathar the fame of bell metal voiced
bhagavathar with its power and majesty yet sweet and melodious, he
rose to supreme heights, taking vast audiences to rapturous delights
in a span of about 70 years of performance expertise. A humble man, he
attributed all his success to his favorite God - Guruvayurappan. His
closed left fist gently swaying up and down, the joy of pure nada when
he held on to single notes, his very own kathiri swaras, his
stupendous stamina, his great sense of humour, his closed mouth
singing of ragas, his abiding sympathy for his fellow accompanists as
also his disciples endeared him to connoisseurs and critics alike
4) Keyboard Sathya: Master K Sathyanarayanan, a prodigy is just 9 year old (2004-08-08).
He is presently learning instrumental under Mandolin shri U Shrinivas
and vocal under Sri Badrinathan.
5) Ragavan Manian, vocalist: Ragavan Manian is a vocalist and disciple of maestro Dr. Balamurali
Krishna. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area now where he actively
performs, practices and composes carnatic music. He plays violin and
bansuri, besides a host of other instruments. His instrumental skills are
largely self-taught. He is one of the key artists in
the Thillana light music band (www.thillana.net) . He is a software engineer
profession and a
graduate of IIT Madras.
8) BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Top award for Indian film singer: "If your thoughts remain simple, your face remains young, and your
voice, youthful." - WOW
9) Jayalakshmi Sekhar: I am a carnatic musician, living in Malaysia and a current disciple
Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr. S. Pinakapani of Andhra Pradesh, India. I
specialise in the veena, and also play the violin and flute and sing
nattuvangam for Dancers here.
I travel to india frequently to perform and have been doing so for
past 6 yrs.
Email : jlvina at yahoo.com
11) Bombay Sisters-India Bombay Carnatic Music Artists: Indian acrnatic music, carnatic music exponents, eminent in music field,concerts performed abroad.: -India Bombay Carnatic Music Artists: Indian acrnatic music,
carnatic music exponents, eminent in music field,concerts
18) Mrs Anuradha Suresh Krishnamurthi: Mrs Anuradha Suresh Krishnamurthi - Anuradha is the daughter
of Mr K.V. Narayanaswamy. she has established herself as
leading singer in carnatic music and has performed in many
places including the US. She has also given number of
27) Madurai Mani Iyer: Madurai Mani Iyer (1912-1968) was born into a family of musicians, deeply interested in classical music. His paternal uncle, Madurai Pushpavanam Iyer, was one of the three celebrated vocalists during the first quarter of this century.
Madurai Mani Iyer's first teacher was Rajam Iyer, noted for his singing of swarams. But, it was his second Guru, the renowned Mutthiah Bhagavatar, who shaped Mani Iyer into a full-fledged musician. Young Mani was a prodigy and commenced giving concerts when he was 12.
He soon became a vocalist par excellence, and never looked back for four
decades. He built up a vast repertoire of compositions of various kinds
but his forte was swaram singing. This feature in Carnatic music is the
inherent tonal relationships of a ragam delineated through solfa
passages. Mani Iyer evolved an unusual pattern of weaving the notes of a
ragam into a fabric of melodic and rhythmic consonance. His uncanny
sense of the sruti or subtle microtone enabled him to produce
extraordinary musical effects. He was noted for flights of imagination and
originality in structured note patterns across the body of a ragam.
31) Controversial - Richard Wagner performance in Israel : Controversial - Richard Wagner performance in Israel
The famous conductor Daniel Barenboim's recent performance
of Richard Wagner's music in Israel has been the center of
much debate, as the composer's music is banned there. Many
in Israel, and in particular survivors of the holocaust,
regard Wagner's music as a symbol of the Third Reich. In
his lifetime the composer was hostile to Jewish presence
both in Germany and German Art. But for the conductor
Daniel Barenboim, a Jew and Israeli himself, the man
Wagner, is not the same as the music he created, which he,
along with many other great musicians, consider to be some
of the greatest music ever written.