|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 50 / 290
1) Indian Classical Vocal Music Classes offered by Qualified, Sincere & Dedicated Teacher in Singapore: Home Tuitions Available too. (E-Learning) via Skype is also available
to Foreign Students.
Contact: +65(94660132) or musicgalsaras AT gmail.com
2) Nirupa.M.A : Nirupa.M.A is conducting Veena &Vocal classes at West mambalam, Chennai. Lecturer Carnatic music college Students are welcome in any age group - contact no 99406 60346, 9144 24724355
4) Public Spyware Removal Guid for AntiSpywareBox
: Newly released AntiSpywareBox from the makers of TitanShield is wide
spread throughout the web infecting machines. AntiSpywareBox is a Fake
spyware remover displaying false security messages trying to get the
user to purchase.
10) dave winer's 2 cents on the third anniversary of podcasting: Today is, in a sense, the three-year anniversary of podcasting. It
wasn't called podcasting then, but all the essential elements of what
would become podcasting were in place. A regular show with a theme
(Chris Lydon inteviewing people he finds interesting), a feed that has
those shows as enclosures. The enclosures are in MP3 format. And a
small number of aggregators that could do something interesitng with
all that. A step down the road that would lead to podcasting.
14) looking for classical vocal and instrumental (mirudhangam, gatam or tabla) in the Illinois area: Madhan Dhanikachalam (madhan_dc AT yahoo.com) is living in
Bloomington, IL. and looking for courses in classical vocal and
instrumental (mirudhangam, gatam or tabla).
15) 411 VirusBurst
: Remove Rogue Anti-Spyware VirusBurst.
VirusBurst, a Rogue Anti-Spyware program, installs through a Trojan
onto your PC where it displays, from a system tray icon, an update
notification. The update notification is similar to the Windows update
balloon. Users are then tricked into clicking the message.
The notification balloon will read “System detected virus activities.
They may cause critical system failure. Please, use anti-malware
software to clean and protect your system from parasite programs.
Click this ballon to get all available software.”
In Singapore, during my daily travel, I can avoid using the bus, but not the trains.
Off late, acts of public in-decency have been on the rise.
Ofcourse, am learning something from every one of these situations. every one of these situations remind me of "See No Evil Hear No Evil Speak No Evil"
I can easily see no evil by closing my eyes. But closing my ears is not so easy. Only yesterday, someone was SHOUTING on the phone. Since the N73 engineers have designed the headphones allow any noise :-), it is all the more difficult !
I have an idea that am sure is easily implementable in Singapore
if you have not seen http://rudesingaporeans.blogspot.com/ , do so !
17) the mrbrown show: Dr Balaji Sadasivan, Senior Minister of State for Information,
Communications and the Arts, 3 April 2006 : There are also some
well-known local blogs run by private individuals who have ventured
into podcasting. The content of some of these podcasts can be quite
18) SAP Muse graphical interface could be next business browser: SAP's graphical interface upgrade, unofficially known as Project Muse,
will be released in phases beginning at the end of the year and could
represent the first business browser for end-users.
21) loopt: pg: loopt is a cellphone application that shows you where your friends
are. It took them a long time to launch because they had so much to
do. Considering the people who made it, I expect Loopt to be impressive.
22) progress bars: When a graphical display of progress, or a “progress bar,” was shown,
the user would perceive that computer completed the task in less time
than when no progress bar was shown at all.
24) Hurting from SpyHeal? : Public Removal Guide: Newly released SpyHeal is wide spread throughout the web infecting
machines. SpyHeal is a Fake spyware remover displaying false security
messages trying to get the user to purchase.
25) 411 NN_Bar : Detect and Remove NN_Bar : NN_Bar Removal Guide: NN_Bar installs as an IE toolbar and delivers targeted advertisements.
NN_Bar is a BHO (Browser Helper Object).
26) Pest Trap Remove : A Pest Trap Detection and Removal Guide.: Pest Trap is a false spyware removal program known as Rogue
Anti-Spyware. Pest Trap will warn a user of artificial security threats
to convince them into purchasing the commercial version of Pest Trap
regardless if spyware is present or not.
27) 411 Starware Remove : How to Get Rid of Starware: Starware is a Browser Helper Object Malware. Starware installs an
Internet Explorer search bar and Starware will also display
advertisements. Starware is hard to remove as it silently runs in the
background of your computer process and automatically runs every time
you start your browser. Starware canâ€™t be stopped by personal
firewalls as they are identified as your browser. Starware has the
ability to rebuild itself and failing to remove Starware will cause it
to spread throughout your computer.
28) 411 NetNucleus Remove : How to Get Rid of NetNucleus: 411 NetNucleus: A decent manual description of how to detect and
remove NetNucleus. This NetNucleus removal guide lists processes to
kill, DLL files to remove and registry values etc.
30) Dr. K J Yesudas @ 50 Rivervale Crescent Sengkang: In connection with the consecration ceremony at Arulmigu Velmurugan
Gnanamuneeswarar Temple, musical and dance programs have been arranged.
31) BHARATANATYAM CLASSES IN KALAKSHETRA STYLE IN EDISON NJ: Kalakshetra style of Bharatanatyam by well trained Kalakshetra Alumni
Classes conducted in Edison NJ for beginners, intermediates & advanced
levels. Dance theory taught to all levels & Nattuvangam class for
Carnatic music & Bhajans taught.
contact: Anuradha Renganathan
33) Sampradhaya - School for Carnatic Vocal, Violin and Keyboard Lessons - Palatine, IL: At Sampradhaya, We teach carnatic Vocal, Bhajans, Violin, Keyboard
for Kids and Elders of age 4+. We are located in Palatine and are 10
minutes away from major cities of Schaumburg, Buffalo Grove and
Vernon Hills. You can reach us at 847-934-7268/847-682-2287. You can
also contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
34) The Art of Tabla: Classical & Contemporary Solo Tabla of India: Sangeet Studios: World Music Performance & Learning Center, 1212
Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. tel: 856-745-5361 - email:
tabla AT sidmehta.com --- Teaching classes in NJ, PA, & DE
35) Rythms of Carnatic Music : Dear Music Lovers,
Carnatic Music Classes offered for kids (age above 4) and ladies.
Trained in carnatic music for 20 years under guru Sajeev Kumar of
– Classical/Carnatic lessons (from basics to varnam to keerthanams),
- Light music
- Slokas and Devotional songs.
- Theory of carnatic music with regard to ragas, arohanam,
avarohanam, origin also taught.
Individual classes for each student.
For further details contact Nandini Anant @ 973 220 4740.
“Soul stirring scintillating Carnatic Keyboard performance that reverberates in us even much after the concert is over” is how the Southern California’s audience review and describe about Amruthavarshini Muralikrishnan’s concert on May 14th 2005 at Hoover Auditorium. She was accompanied by Shri Vittal Ramamurthy on the violin and Shri Neyveli Narayanan on the Mrudangam. The hall was overflowing double its capacity. More than 700 Music rasikas witnessed this young musical genius concert.
Amruthavarshini Muralikrishnan is just 16 years old, young star making a rave in the USA, India and around the world by popularizing the Carnatic music on the Keyboard and is already taking the world of Carnatic music by storm. Innocence on the face, mastery in presentation and classicism in performance made music lovers to bind in Amruthavarshini’s spell of music. Music is part of her lineage. Varshini’s formal training in music started at the tender age of 2 and needless to say that her first teachers were her father, and mother, Veena and Keyboard virtuoso performer and Guru Shri N. Muralikrishnan (www.nmuralikrishnan.com) and renowned Carnatic performer and teacher Smt. Rose Muralikrishnan (www.rosemuralikrishnan.com) who is a disciple of M. L Vasanthakumari.
Varshini is a first ever child prodigy to perform the Carnatic Music on the Electronic keyboard who started playing the instrument at the age of two under the tutelage of her Father and Guru Shri N. Muralikrishnan. After Several years of research playing Carnatic Music on the Keyboard was a concept conceived and stylized by N. Muralikrishnan under the model "Changing Trends without Changing traditional Values” 23 years ago, which became a hot pick among the youngsters in the field of Carnatic music lately in India and around the world. Not only are her father and mother a well known gurus, but are musicologists and renowned Carnatic practitioners who performed around the globe for more than two decades.
Varshini started the concert with the chouka kala Ata tala Bhairavi Varnam in thrikalam within the same tala cycle. Playing the Keyboard on right hand, doing the tala on her left with a great smile and cheer proved her mastery and confidence on the instrument. Her rendition of Vathapi in Hamsadwani in drutha kala with Kalpana swara was an effective booster. A difficult Anupama gunambudhim in Atana was an excellent communicative piece between the main artist and the accompanists Vittal Ramamurthy and Neyveli Narayanan. After Sobillu saptaswara, brova bharama and few other krithis a grand main Chakkani Raja Marga in raga Karaharapriya was great gate opener to prove her brilliance and deep knowledge in music. Ragam Tanam Pallavi in Raga Mohanam was a breath taking piece of the evening. The concert ended with traditional Tamil, Kannada Telugu Thukkadas with a grand Tillana in Behag by Lalgudi Jayaraman and Mangalam. Chemistry between Amruthavarshini and the accompaniments Shri Vittal Ramamuthy on the violin and Shri Neyveli Narayanan on mirdangam kept the entire concert lively and thrill filled.
Several well known musician and performers such as Delhi Sunderrajan, B.U. Ganesh, Raji Gopalakrishnan, and Southern California Carnatic music organizers and teacher were present in the audience and praised Varshini’s performance level with today’s master musicians. Delhi Sundarrajan delivered a speech and mentioned that Varshini’s presentation of music is beyond the mastery level. Her stage presence, eye contact and communication with accompanists, performing the tala in left and playing the keyboard in the right hand, Raga sancharas, Jaru prayogas, selection of ragas and compositions were well appreciated by him. She was awarded with the title of Sangeetha Kala Rathna by Antelope Valley Temple officials.
At the end speech Amruthavarshini said that there are no short cuts for success in any field. A goal with focus, dedication, hard work, long hours of practice, parental support, appreciating audience and gods grace are the key to make things possible.
Amruthavarshini has a dream of popularizing the keyboard in the Carnatic music scene widely as a solo and accompanying instrument. As there was Baluswami Dikshitar for violin, U. Srinivas for Mandolin, Kadiri Gopinath for Saxophone, A.K.J. Natarajan for Clarinet, she wants Amruthavarshini to be a land mark for Keyboard in Carnatic History.
Amruthavarshini has played in many Music Albums, music and dance productions and performed at several prestigious Halls such as Carpenter's performing Arts center of Long Beach, Cerritos Performing Arts Center, Bovard Auditorium, Getty Museum Center of Los Angeles, Cleveland Aradhana, and so forth. She also participated in several World music Festivals around the country and was a special invitee at the A.R. Rahman’s LA 2000 show at Shrine Auditorium to sing the Vande Matharam and National Anthem of India. She often accompanies her father and mother’s Carnatic concerts in and around the country. She participated in several fund raising events for many nonprofit organizations such as UdhavumKarangal, ASHA-LA, SPICMACAY, Tamil Rehabilitation Organization (TRO) for Tsunami Disaster Relief, and Corazon de Vida Foundation for orphans in Baja, to support good cause.
Varshini is well versed in Western and Carnatic singing and bagged over 100
awards, prizes, and certificates for her merit. She plays the Sarasvathi
veena, as well as the western Piano, and has composed music for several
musical events. She makes difference in sick and older Citizens lives by
volunteering at retirement homes through her music performances. She enjoys
western dancing, playing sports, and swimming as spare time hobbies. Her
second interest is public speaking and attended many conferences in California
and Arizona High Schools and Universities and won many awards for speech
37) Vidyarthi - A Forum for Indian Art, Music, and Mythology: For many of us living in the Western world, India is a mystery. The
religion is too ritualistic, the music is too complex, and the art is
anachronistic. Are they really?
Raga Lakshana is the technical boundary of the raga. There are various factors that determine the Lakshana of a raga — the arohana and the avarohana (the ascending the descending order of the scale), the characteristic phrases of the raga, the special distinguishing prayogas, the gamakas peculiar to a particular raga and so on. In fact different gamakas even when applied to the same swara portray different shades and is one of the factors that helps one differentiate between ragas. [ The Hindu: Torchbearer of a great tradition ]
also see carnatic - raga list
39) Jayashree Venkatesh and Venkatesh teach Carnatic Vocal, Violin and Keyboard and Bhajans in palatine, IL.: Jayashree Venkatesh and Venkatesh teach Carnatic Vocal, Violin and
Keyboard and Bhajans in palatine, IL. Our phono number
is 847 934-7268 and email is jayvenpad at hotmail.com
41) Kattassery Joseph Yesudas in an interview with News Today: .....According to him [KJY's father], 'an artiste has to keep learning
for many janmas, that was the lesson taught by my father which I
follow till date'.....
The Singapore Dakshina Bharatha Brahmana Sabha presents Crazy Mohan's Jurassic Baby and Maadhu Plus Two in aid of the Educational Efforts of "Saraswathy Kindergarten" administered by The Hindu Endowments Board
Date: Friday 6th August 2004 (Jurassic Baby), Saturday 7th August 2004 (Maadhu Plus Two) - Time 8pm - Season Tickets: $150, $100, $50, $30 - Venue: Singapore Polytechnic Convention Centre, 500 Dover Road, Singapore 139651 (Dover MRT is directly connected to SPCC). Bus Nos: 14, 74, 105, 106, 147, 166 - Car Park Entry: Through Gate 1 on Dover Road
For more details, contact The Singapore Dakshina Bharatha Brahmana Sabha
44) Raghavendra Academy Of Music: Raghavendra Academy Of Music(RAM) is offering different courses in
Vocal,Veena and Mridangam.This Academy is a pioneer in teaching
carnatic music and is located at two various places in
Chennai(Palavakkam & Thiruvamiyur).The school undertakes training in
Abyasa Ganam,Manodharma Sangeetham,Bala Pataam and Sahakaram.
45) Thirana is a non-profit organization focussing on the field of "Carnatic Music".: Thirana was formed in the year 1999 by some music fans in Chennai and
it has grown over the years. Thirana also assists other non-profit
organizations with their music related projects
46) IBM touts new 'aspect' for software coding: IBM plans to bring a software development technique that has been the
subject of theoretical work for years to commercial products this
year and next.
47) SIFAS Festival of Music and Dance 2004 - 2nd to 11th April 2004: The festival would have 2 kinds of performances: - the daily free shows at SIFAS, featuring local Singaporean and regional ASEAN artists. And we have some ticketed shows, which will feature the biggest names in the field of Indian Classical Music and Dance from India.
48) The ideals that have lighted my [Albert Einstein] way: and time after time have given me new courage to face life
cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty and Truth. — Albert Einstein
50) Desikan Ramaswamy, vocal music teacher (Northwest suburbs of Chicago in Mt Prospect): My name is Desikan Ramaswamy. I am a direct disciple of violin
maestro Shri Lalgudi G Jayaraman. I am looking to teach vocal music
if anyone is interested. I have learnt vocal singing directly from
Shri Lalgudi Jayaraman for over 17 years. I live in the Northwest
suburbs of Chicago in Mt Prospect. If you are interested in learning
south indian classical carnatic music, please contact me via email -
desikanr AT yahoo.com or phone - 847 258 3145