|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 50 / 393
1) Kutcheri - A Concert Experience: Carnatic Music is one of the most aesthetic and beautiful musical forms in the world. A
pleasant atmosphere is created where the music is honest, natural and from the heart. For
both the listener and the performer, the atmosphere in which we share this music is as much
an experience as the music itself. It has the ability to sometimes even enhance the experience
and spur creative impulses. Kutcheri is an experiment to present the collective expression of a
group of artistes coming together and presenting music that is vibrant, in a setting that is
vivid and bright with colours and light. This project is to show that a little work can go a long
way in creating a portrait that is not often seen or listening to music in a way that is not often
2) Indian Classical Vocal Music Classes offered by Qualified, Sincere & Dedicated Teacher in Singapore: Home Tuitions Available too. (E-Learning) via Skype is also available
to Foreign Students.
Contact: +65(94660132) or musicgalsaras AT gmail.com
3) Nirupa.M.A : Nirupa.M.A is conducting Veena &Vocal classes at West mambalam, Chennai. Lecturer Carnatic music college Students are welcome in any age group - contact no 99406 60346, 9144 24724355
7) World of Veena Music by Sujana Vadlamani: This site contains classical veena music in real audio by Sujana
Parupalli who is the grand daughter of Gayaka Sarvabhouma Parupalli
8) Vikshepa: Home page of Vikshepa-Group comprises of Vinod
M.K,Aravind,Pramodh,Solomon and Keerthi. All song lyrics by Vinod M.K
and orchestra by Vikshepa.The songs are rendered by Vinod M.k and
Pramodh. The songs and tunes are original.The songs are in Hindi and
Tamil.Please listen to the tunes and send your comments.
9) Savithri Arts Academy: Internationally acclaimed classical dancer Dr. Sinduri Jayasinghe is
the Founder, Director and Guru of Savithri Arts Academy which was
established in 1997. Specializing in Bharatha Natyam, Kuchipudi, folk
dances of India and Sri Lanka, we offer Karnatic and Hindustani
musical courses as well. The Academy is situated in Cerritos, California.
10) Sri Ogirala Veera Raghava Sarma: web site gives life history of Sri Ogirala Veera Raghava Sarma, who
composed 86 compositions in classical carnatic style and also the list
11) Tiruvarur Vaidyanathan: Web page is written on Sri Tiruvarur Vaidyanathan, a leading mridangist of the
day. Having played for many stalwart Vocalists and instrumentalists, no doubt -
he is one of the top instrumentalists. Web page aims to introduce basics and
advanced playing techniques of mridangam in the next phase of development. Hope
readers will enjoy it.
14) SwarShala: SwarShala is a wonderful tool for anyone interested in Indian
classical music, whether beginner or advanced, by providing means of
learning, practicing and composing this style of music. Such a user
will be able to create fully customized practice sessions with the
required instruments, cycles, pitch, tempo, acceleration, etc... and
select them to be played at wish.
15) T.M.Krishna: T.M.Krishna is one of the leading artists in the field of carnatic
music (Indian classical music-south Indian style) today. He has been
performing from the age of 12. Today he is the youngest singer to
occupy the top slot in almost every major music festival.
16) T.V. Ramprasadh: T.V.Ramprasadh is one of the prominent Carnatic classical vocalists.
Gifted with a mellow, bass voice capable of a panoramic range,
Ramprasadh has trained it with infinite patience and practice, and
shaped it into a voice that weaves a magical spell of sonic beauty.
His captivating voice, clarity in diction and unique style have evoked
unqualified approbation of all listeners. He is capable of
establishing an instant rapport with listeners and his haunting
strains linger in the mind of audiences world over. He maintains
purity of the classical form through discipline, concentration and
uncompromising adherence of tradition.
17) Chicago Tyagaraja Utsavam: Chicago Tyagaraja Utsavam (CTU) is a not-for-profit organization
dedicated to promoting Carnatic music in the USA. We actively support
students, teachers and amateurs of all ages in the midwest to learn,
perform, master and propogate this classical art which is at once
ancient and contemporary.
18) Carnatic Music Page of Deepa Srinivasan: She has performed in Bangalore, Cuddalore, Thanjavur, Karaikudi,
Mallur and so on. She has peformed in different sabhas like Vidwath
Samajam, YACM, Bharath Kalachar, Kapali Fine Arts, Mylapore Fine Arts,
Rasika Ranjani Sabha, Naada Inbum in Madras; and in sabhas like Gayana
Samaj, Indian Institute of World Culture, Yuvanika, Jayanagar Cultural
Association in Bangalore. She has also performed in places like
Austin, College Station, Houston and Dallas in the USA
20) Chembai Vaidyanatha Iyer: With a knowledge of the art deeply acquired and with a voice that
earned Chembai Vaidyanatha Bagavathar the fame of bell metal voiced
bhagavathar with its power and majesty yet sweet and melodious, he
rose to supreme heights, taking vast audiences to rapturous delights
in a span of about 70 years of performance expertise. A humble man, he
attributed all his success to his favorite God - Guruvayurappan. His
closed left fist gently swaying up and down, the joy of pure nada when
he held on to single notes, his very own kathiri swaras, his
stupendous stamina, his great sense of humour, his closed mouth
singing of ragas, his abiding sympathy for his fellow accompanists as
also his disciples endeared him to connoisseurs and critics alike
21) Future Carnatic Music: ..If we (yes, those of us who enjoy good carnatic music) do nothing
more than brag about the golden era of carnatic music and carry on
doing things the way we are doing things at present, carnatic music
will slowly but surely fade into oblivion..
23) nature gate: Herbal Creme de Peppermint: After reading Whats
the Deal With Fluoride?, I decided to take action. Since some
weeks, am using nature's
gate's natural toothpaste Herbal Creme de Peppermint which is
"fluoride-free" --- contains NO (artificial colors, artificial sweeteners,
animal ingredients, preservatives) --- what about your toothpaste contents ?
26) Taala in Carnatic: ..Tala in Indian Carnatic Music is a time measure or rhythm cycle. As
heart beat is to life for a man, Tala lends life for whole of a
concert. It is said "Sruthi Mata Laya Pitha" which means, the drone
emanated from the Tambura is Mother to the music and the Tala is like
father. The tala or time in Carnatic Music is a series of counts made
by wave of hand or tap of the hand on the lap or by using both the
hands in a manner of clap..
27) looking for classical vocal and instrumental (mirudhangam, gatam or tabla) in the Illinois area: Madhan Dhanikachalam (madhan_dc AT yahoo.com) is living in
Bloomington, IL. and looking for courses in classical vocal and
instrumental (mirudhangam, gatam or tabla).
28) Sahithya karta Ennappadam Venkatarama Baghavathar: Somebody claiming to be E.R.Rajagopalan (errgopal at yahoo.com) wrote
I am the grandson of great Harikatha exponent and Sahithya karta Late
Ennappadam Venkatarama Baghavathar. The speciality of his compositions
is KRISHNATTOTHAREEYAM One hundred and eight kritis set to different
Ragaas and different Taalas comprising one NAAMAM from Krish
Ashtothram. So far no one has composed this kind of Kritis based on
Krishna Ashtothram. The compositions are copyrighted to Kerala Nataka
Sangeetha Acaademy who have broghtforth a book in Malayalam. In
colleges in Kerala,for Music students one composition of Ennappadam
Venkatarama Baghavathar is a must in curriculum.
31) would be nice if the file names contained the name of the podcaster: am listening to podcasts from http://www.itconversations.com averaging 1 in 2
days. it would be nice if the mp3 file names contain the name of the podcaster..
http://www.itconversations.com/audio/download/itconversations-400.mp3 could be
32) loopt: pg: loopt is a cellphone application that shows you where your friends
are. It took them a long time to launch because they had so much to
do. Considering the people who made it, I expect Loopt to be impressive.
I, Erode Nagaraj, from the childhood had a great interest to learn rhythm and was initiated into the art of Mrudangam at the age of 7 years. I learnt the art of mrudangam initially from Palladam Sri. V. Ramachandran for 8 years. In order to have further training in all the branches of this art, I became the disciple of Padmabushan Umayalpuram Sri K. Sivaraman since 1990. I took intensive and advance training from my revered Guru, Sangeetha Kalanidhi Umayalpuram Sri. K. Sivaraman, which included accompaniment to vocal music and instrumental music as well and to learn playing for more number of thalas. Though I had participated in several state level school competitions with distinction, my first debut at Chennai was held on Friday, the 16th April 1993. The Department of Culture, Ministry of Human Resources & Development, Govt. of India under the scheme, âScholarship to Young Artistes in different Cultural Fieldâ awarded me scholarship, during the year 1994 â 1996 (F2-53/94/CH2). I have been performing both in All India Radio since 02.06 1994 and Doordharsan Kendra, Chennai since 17.09.1994.I have also played laya vinyasam (Mrudangam Solo) in a rare thala - Misra Thriputa â Two Kalai- Samam in All India Radio, Chennai and laya vinyasam in Adhi Thala in Doordharsan, Chennai. I am an âAâ grade artiste. I have been playing in almost all esteemed sabas like The Music Academy, Sri Krishna Gana Saba and other well known organisations in India and abroad and also given lecture-demonstrations successfully. My performance on mrudangam was very much appreciated by vidwans and rasikas and I have won many best player awards and have also been credited with very good review in press like The Hindu, Indian Express and other celebrated magazines.
I have been thinking of making substantial contribution to the field of my profession and I owe fullest responsibility not only to maintain the cultural heritage of this art but also to take the art of mrudangam to Global Level, to the mass and even to the layman, the niceties of this art without compromising the sasthras and grammar. I have a very good experience in teaching fingering techniques and laya intricacies of mrudangam for the past 6 years not only to the students of India but also to foreigners. I am keen to interact with all forms of music. I rendered konnakol (verbal rendition of jathis and phrases that are played in mrudangam) to the playing of my Guru Padmabushan Umayalpuram Sri K. Sivaraman with Mr. Steve Coleman (Sax) and Vijay Iyer (Key board) from USA, in the Madras Cricket Club. My mrudangam solo in a rare thala (sankeerna chapu) has been recorded for Samudra, an organization promoting Indian music in London. G.K.Foundation Trust created with noble ideals inter alia honouring selected best musicians and dancers, honoured me in their anniversary function held on 31st July 2001, along with Sangeetha Kalanidhi Palghat Sri K.V. Narayanaswamy. I had the privilege of performing in the platinum jubilee of the Music Academy in the august presence of the Honourable President of India Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, Governor of Tamil Nadu Sri Ram Mohan Rao, Sangeetha Kalanidhi Padma Vibhushan Sri Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer and Sitar Maestro Padma Vibhushan Sri RaviShankar.
TTN â the Thamizh Oli Network of Europe, has telecast my interview and mrudangam solo. Chennai-online interviewed me for their internet magazine. I have also performed in Sun-TV, Raj-TV ( DVD of the concert has been released by Raj Video Vision) and Raj Digital Plus and in WIN-TV in their special programmes.
I visited Detroit (MI,USA )last year ( june â November -05) for
concerts, lec-dem and classes for advanced level and beginners and
also teaching rhythmic intricacies for vocalists and instrumentalists.
36) Bhajanothsava Naamasankeerthana and Bhagavatha Sammelanam: From time immemorial our saints and ancestors have stated
unambiguously that in Kaliyuga, the easiest way of salvation would
be, chanting the name of Bhagavan by Namasankeerthana. With
avowed object of conducting Bhajanothsava-Naamasankeerthana,
Bhagavatha Sammelanam, etc., regularly in Coimbatore District and for
the welfare and upliftment of the World and its inhabitants, a Public
Charitable Trust named, Sri Naamasankeerthanaa Trust was formed.
37) Dr. K J Yesudas @ 50 Rivervale Crescent Sengkang: In connection with the consecration ceremony at Arulmigu Velmurugan
Gnanamuneeswarar Temple, musical and dance programs have been arranged.
38) BHARATANATYAM CLASSES IN KALAKSHETRA STYLE IN EDISON NJ: Kalakshetra style of Bharatanatyam by well trained Kalakshetra Alumni
Classes conducted in Edison NJ for beginners, intermediates & advanced
levels. Dance theory taught to all levels & Nattuvangam class for
Carnatic music & Bhajans taught.
contact: Anuradha Renganathan
40) Savita Sreeram wishes to perform and teach music in New Jersey: Somebody claiming to be Savita Sreeram (sreevita24 AT yahoo.com)
41) Sampradhaya - School for Carnatic Vocal, Violin and Keyboard Lessons - Palatine, IL: At Sampradhaya, We teach carnatic Vocal, Bhajans, Violin, Keyboard
for Kids and Elders of age 4+. We are located in Palatine and are 10
minutes away from major cities of Schaumburg, Buffalo Grove and
Vernon Hills. You can reach us at 847-934-7268/847-682-2287. You can
also contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
42) Learn Carnatic music,Annamacharya kritis and more from M.B.shankar: Somebody claiming to be shankar (naarada AT yahoo.com) wrote:
43) Byblos Antiquarian & Rare Books: Sellers of Rare, Antiquarian, Manuscripts, Fine, Second Hand,
Out-of-Print, Used and First Edition books. Specialising in
Children's, Illustrated, History and Literature with many General
Subjects in Stock.
Somebody claiming to be Jayashree Kumar (jskumar AT juno.com) wrote:
I am looking for a Flutist and a Violonist to play for an Arangetram in Memphis, TN USA. Please let me know if anyone is interest4ed.
Best regards Jayashree Kumar - contact jskumar AT juno.com
45) The Art of Tabla: Classical & Contemporary Solo Tabla of India: Sangeet Studios: World Music Performance & Learning Center, 1212
Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. tel: 856-745-5361 - email:
tabla AT sidmehta.com --- Teaching classes in NJ, PA, & DE
46) Subashree Ganeshprasad is a teacher in London: suba_gp AT yahoo.com writes ..I would like to let people know that i
am keen to teach beginners to sing carnatic music. I am based in
London and to begin with can be contacted through email..
47) CarnaticGuru webmart: Welcome to CarnaticGuru webmart an affiliate of SYAMA, Singapore- a
not-for-profit entity. Conceptualised and designed by experts in
carnatic music, our products intend to complement the traditional form
of music education.
48) Amrithavarshini Muralikrishnan: Amrithavarshini Muralikrishnan started playing the instrument under
the tutelage of her Father and Guru Shri N. Muralikrishnan a Vina
player and Keyboard virtuoso and learnt her vocal music from her
mother Rose Muralikrishnan at the tender age of two. She accompanied
her father and mother on all their concerts & tours from her
In summer of 2005 Varshini was initiated into Lalgudi School of
music to further advance and master her music performance skills in
Amrithavarshinis dream is to propagate and popularize the Carnatic
music on the keyboard in India as well as the world music scene
along with several other western instruments in the same catagory.
She is working very hard to pursue her dreems into reality.
Her recent Music Albums 1. keyboard expressions and 2. Classical
Carnatic Keyboard are hot selling in India and USA music market.
Amrithavarshini is a first ever child prodigy to perform the Carnatic Music on the Electronic keyboard. She released 2 Classical Carnatic Albums 1. Keyboard Expressions, and 2.Classical Carnatic Keyboard Produced by Spring Nectar Productions.Album I - Keyboard Expressions - Produced by Spring Nectar Productions Album II - Classical Carnatic Keyboard - Produced by Spring Nectar Productions. Artists: Amrithavarshini Muralikrishnan - Keyboard Accompanied by world class musicians Sri Vittal Ramamurthi - violin Sri Thiruvarur Vaidhyanathan - Mridangam Sri Adambakkam Shankar - Ghatam Produced by Spring Nectar Productions USA. Recorded and digitally mastered at Shruthilaya Studios Chennai India. Marketed by: Shruthilaya & Spring Nectar
50) Amrithavarshini Muralikrishkrishnan performs for SIMA: Amrithavarshini Muralikrishnan will be featured on the youth
Festival sponsored be South Indian Music Academy SIMA on the 29th of
October at 4:30 PM. She will be accompanied on the Mridangam by
Shriram Brahmanandam and violin on Shruthi Iyer.
For more details please visit www.varshinimusic.com
Concert is open to public.
There will be 2 other performances featured along with this event on
the same day. Please contact south Indian Music Academy for more
details on that.