|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 50 / 56
I, Erode Nagaraj, from the childhood had a great interest to learn rhythm and was initiated into the art of Mrudangam at the age of 7 years. I learnt the art of mrudangam initially from Palladam Sri. V. Ramachandran for 8 years. In order to have further training in all the branches of this art, I became the disciple of Padmabushan Umayalpuram Sri K. Sivaraman since 1990. I took intensive and advance training from my revered Guru, Sangeetha Kalanidhi Umayalpuram Sri. K. Sivaraman, which included accompaniment to vocal music and instrumental music as well and to learn playing for more number of thalas. Though I had participated in several state level school competitions with distinction, my first debut at Chennai was held on Friday, the 16th April 1993. The Department of Culture, Ministry of Human Resources & Development, Govt. of India under the scheme, “Scholarship to Young Artistes in different Cultural Field” awarded me scholarship, during the year 1994 – 1996 (F2-53/94/CH2). I have been performing both in All India Radio since 02.06 1994 and Doordharsan Kendra, Chennai since 17.09.1994.I have also played laya vinyasam (Mrudangam Solo) in a rare thala - Misra Thriputa – Two Kalai- Samam in All India Radio, Chennai and laya vinyasam in Adhi Thala in Doordharsan, Chennai. I am an ‘A’ grade artiste. I have been playing in almost all esteemed sabas like The Music Academy, Sri Krishna Gana Saba and other well known organisations in India and abroad and also given lecture-demonstrations successfully. My performance on mrudangam was very much appreciated by vidwans and rasikas and I have won many best player awards and have also been credited with very good review in press like The Hindu, Indian Express and other celebrated magazines.
I have been thinking of making substantial contribution to the field of my profession and I owe fullest responsibility not only to maintain the cultural heritage of this art but also to take the art of mrudangam to Global Level, to the mass and even to the layman, the niceties of this art without compromising the sasthras and grammar. I have a very good experience in teaching fingering techniques and laya intricacies of mrudangam for the past 6 years not only to the students of India but also to foreigners. I am keen to interact with all forms of music. I rendered konnakol (verbal rendition of jathis and phrases that are played in mrudangam) to the playing of my Guru Padmabushan Umayalpuram Sri K. Sivaraman with Mr. Steve Coleman (Sax) and Vijay Iyer (Key board) from USA, in the Madras Cricket Club. My mrudangam solo in a rare thala (sankeerna chapu) has been recorded for Samudra, an organization promoting Indian music in London. G.K.Foundation Trust created with noble ideals inter alia honouring selected best musicians and dancers, honoured me in their anniversary function held on 31st July 2001, along with Sangeetha Kalanidhi Palghat Sri K.V. Narayanaswamy. I had the privilege of performing in the platinum jubilee of the Music Academy in the august presence of the Honourable President of India Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, Governor of Tamil Nadu Sri Ram Mohan Rao, Sangeetha Kalanidhi Padma Vibhushan Sri Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer and Sitar Maestro Padma Vibhushan Sri RaviShankar.
TTN – the Thamizh Oli Network of Europe, has telecast my interview and mrudangam solo. Chennai-online interviewed me for their internet magazine. I have also performed in Sun-TV, Raj-TV ( DVD of the concert has been released by Raj Video Vision) and Raj Digital Plus and in WIN-TV in their special programmes.
I visited Detroit (MI,USA )last year ( june – November -05) for
concerts, lec-dem and classes for advanced level and beginners and
also teaching rhythmic intricacies for vocalists and instrumentalists.
2) Savita Sreeram wishes to perform and teach music in New Jersey: Somebody claiming to be Savita Sreeram (sreevita24 AT yahoo.com)
3) Sampradhaya - School for Carnatic Vocal, Violin and Keyboard Lessons - Palatine, IL: At Sampradhaya, We teach carnatic Vocal, Bhajans, Violin, Keyboard
for Kids and Elders of age 4+. We are located in Palatine and are 10
minutes away from major cities of Schaumburg, Buffalo Grove and
Vernon Hills. You can reach us at 847-934-7268/847-682-2287. You can
also contact us through email at email@example.com
4) Learn Carnatic music,Annamacharya kritis and more from M.B.shankar: Somebody claiming to be shankar (naarada AT yahoo.com) wrote:
5) The Art of Tabla: Classical & Contemporary Solo Tabla of India: Sangeet Studios: World Music Performance & Learning Center, 1212
Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. tel: 856-745-5361 - email:
tabla AT sidmehta.com --- Teaching classes in NJ, PA, & DE
6) Subashree Ganeshprasad is a teacher in London: suba_gp AT yahoo.com writes ..I would like to let people know that i
am keen to teach beginners to sing carnatic music. I am based in
London and to begin with can be contacted through email..
7) Kalyani Ramchander T -Carnatic Veena and Vocal: Carnatic Veena and Carnatic Vocal Has been teaching music in India,
Muscat& Dubai to serious students - children and adults - with an ear
for music. Post Graduate Diploma in Fine Arts (Veena & Vocal) from
Nagarjuma University, Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh. Learnt music from
Nallan Chakravartula Krishnamacharyulu, noted violin exponent and
Ayyagari Shyam Sundar noted veena exponent. Was an artiste with All
India Radio , Vijayawada. Performed in concerts in Oman & Dubai and
Sharjah. Was Joint Cultural Secretary of Rasamayi, Andhra Cultural
Forum of Indian Association - Contact Dubai 971 50 754 1853
8) Carnatic Music Lessons in North Bergen County, NJ: Carnatic music lessons on weekdays after 6 pm or on weekends at
Mahwah, NJ. Flexible Schedules. I am a student of the Asthana Vidwan
of Shringeri, Palakkad Anantarama Bhagavatar. Kindly contact me on my
cell fone(205-2536494) and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Ananthakrishnan.
9) Jayashree Venkatesh and Venkatesh teach Carnatic Vocal, Violin and Keyboard and Bhajans in palatine, IL.: Jayashree Venkatesh and Venkatesh teach Carnatic Vocal, Violin and
Keyboard and Bhajans in palatine, IL. Our phono number
is 847 934-7268 and email is jayvenpad at hotmail.com
...Dance to the rhythm of life
Bharatanatyam, Folk and bollywood style dance lessons are offered to children between 5-16
Classes are taken on individual basis and in batches.
Choreography for filmi and folk dance are offered to both adults and youngsters..
Classes are conducted in Edison, NJ.
Email: bharatanatyamclasses at yahoo.com
11) Carnatic Music classes NJ: This is Sirisha Yerramilli. I am conducting carnatic music classes (vocal),light music,slokas and bhajans near Hamilton NJ.I'm disciple of Smt.Sundari Janaki Raman. Contact me at email email@example.com for further information.
Old no. 76, New no 3, Venkatesa nagar Extension 1, II street. Virugambakkam, chennai - 600 092. Contact: 23765824
13) Sowmya Natarajan teaches Carnatic vocal veena and tiruppugazh lessons at Edison NJ: "I teach Carnatic vocal and Veena in Edison New Jersey. I'm a direct
student of Dr. Chittibabu."
Individual attention for children and adults taking Carnatic vocal and
veena lessons. Tiruppugazh classes for children and adults are
preferably for those who are comfortable with tamizh. Contact me at
732 662 7458 or at sowmya_cotah AT yahoo.com
16) Desikan Ramaswamy, vocal music teacher (Northwest suburbs of Chicago in Mt Prospect): My name is Desikan Ramaswamy. I am a direct disciple of violin
maestro Shri Lalgudi G Jayaraman. I am looking to teach vocal music
if anyone is interested. I have learnt vocal singing directly from
Shri Lalgudi Jayaraman for over 17 years. I live in the Northwest
suburbs of Chicago in Mt Prospect. If you are interested in learning
south indian classical carnatic music, please contact me via email -
desikanr AT yahoo.com or phone - 847 258 3145
17) Darshan Kumari: Darshan Kumari is a disciple of Shri Raj Kumar Bali and Shri Jamaluddin
Bhartiya, a senior disciple of Pandit Ravi Shankar. She also has had extensive
training from the famous Veena player Ustad Ziamoinuddin Dagar.
She teaches at the School of Indian arts, located in Amsterdam, The
Netherlands, and does performances.
18) Carnatic Violin Teacher Available at Brussels: I am a Carnatic Violinist trained under Vidwan Mysore M Nagaraj for
several years. I will be offering classes at Brussels from November
2003 onwards. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Janardhan S Iyer
India Mobile Number : +91 98204 55084
20) Guitar lessons - NJ: Guitar lessons with professional guitar performer and instructor.
Also on the faculty of the Westminster Conservatory in Princeton. BM
& MM from the Peabody Conservatory of Johns Hopkins University. All
ages and levels. Contact: Patrick at (908) 565-2957 or at
21) Guitar Lessons in NJ: Professional guitarist and conservatory instructor offering acoustic
guitar lessons (all styles) to students of all ages and levels.
Edison/Woodbridge area. Reasonable rates! Call me at (908) 565-2957
or email me at email@example.com. Ask for Patrick.
22) Carnatic Violin/Vocal Lessons Offered in California East Bay Area: Update on 2005 10 26 - no longer taking new students - For details, please
contact Deepa Mani at deepa73 AT hotmail.com
23) Lakshmi Jagadish: Teaches Carnatic Music vocal, veena, classical on Guitar and Keyboard in
Lakshmi Jagadish has 10 years of experience in teaching Music. Lakshmi Jagadish
has been teaching Music to all age groups. Guru Smt.Gomathi Krishnanmurthy.
...Are you interested in learning carnatic music? There is no need to worry if you don't have a preceptor. It is enough if you have a computer and an internet connection. Right from your home you can learn music...through the internet. In the fast developing world of communication, you can learn music from any part of the world.
Mr. Dhasarathy, from Chennai, is teaching flute for the past one year, only through this method. He is working with Chennai Life Insurance Corporation. His guru Mr. Raghu and he have been conducting classes successfully in flute for nearly 200 students through the internet. ...
26) Smt. Manorama Prasad: Smt. Manorama Prasad is known for her traditional and techincal
For her, music is a passion and a challenge. Manorama has
concert experience. Her powerful voice has adorned her inborn gift
rendering pure music in an inimitable way. The control she has on
ragas and very complicated talas are something every music listener
appreciate. She is also a musicologist and has conducted several
musical features, lecture demonstrations at various British
Institutions. She is actively involved in the muscial performances
organised by UK Arts Council, London Arts Board, Asian Music
Music Service and other international music festivals. She has
travelled in India and Europe on concert tours.
Students of Carnatic Classical Music at all levels
Basic to Advanced are welcome. I am also an experienced vocal
Bharatnatyam performances. Interested parties can contact me at my
address - manorama_hs at hotmail.com
28) GEETHA VIDYALAYA: Teaches Carnatic Music (Vocal & Veena)in Bay Area. Geetha Iyer has masters
degree in Music from Trivandrum, Kerala, India. 20 years of experience in
teaching Music. Geetha Iyer has been teaching Music to all age
groups. Contact Geetha Iyer.
Phone # (510) 809-7474 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Fremont, CA
29) Sri Balu Raghuraman and Smt Subhadhra: Sri Balu
Raghuraman is the resident violin teacher at Bharatiya Vidya
Bhavan, in London, UK. Balu is a very accomplished violin teacher
player and has completed several solo concerts in the UK and India
also accompanies several leading artists like Dr Balamurali on a
basis. Balu can be reached at email@example.com and Balu gives
private lessons as well as teach at tbe Bhavan.
Balu's wife Subhadhra is also an accomplished Veena player and
She also teaches at several schools in the UK and is looking for
30) Mirudhangam-Teacher in Oakdale, PA: Mirudhangam-Teacher.
Address: Oakdale, PA ( changed on 2005-06-03. previously: 3K Reading Road,
Edison, NJ-08817 )
This teacher learned and had been performing since 1990.
Guru: Poongulam Shri. Sabesaiyer.
Classes available in weekends too.
Excellent teacher in Singapore 62 Toa Payoh Lorong 4 # 29 - 105 Singapore 310062 Tel : (65) 62588280 / (65) 96471847 Link sent by Saraswathy Thayalen : swathy79 at hotmail.com
32) Ms. Meenakshi Tumuluri: "My name is meenakshi. Recently i started Carnatic music classes
(Vocal) in (Bergen County) westwood , NJ . I'm a Disciple of Sangita
Kalanidhi Sri Tangore Viswanathan .And also Iam a M.A (Music) Gold
Medalist. If anyone intrested to learn contact me at this phone #
(201) 664-0901." - meenakshi_tumuluri at hotmail.com
33) Mrs. Subhadra Natarajan: Profession: Carnatic Music teacher & Music composer
34) Aparna Devaguptapu: Carnatic Vocal Lessons in Cleveland, OH: Contact Details:Phone: 3309633967
35) Mrs. Sarojini Sundaresan: Mrs. Sarojini Sundaresan is a very senior Carnatic vocalist from the traditional Alathur style in your site. She currently lives in the UK and continues to perform and teach enthusiatic students. She has performed in several notable venues in the UK and India and has trained students of many origins
contact : Leelasram at aol dot com
37) Carnatic Vocal Lessons in New Jersey: Carnatic Vocal music lessons in Edison, NJ by Sugantha Venkatraman,
disciple of C.V.Kittamni Iyer, chennai. Teached carnatic music in Sri
Krishna Gana Sabha for over 30 years, currently residing permanently
in NJ. Flexible timings. Please contact me at 732-452-9512 or by
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
38) Kala Iyer and Kalalaya: Kala Iyer has an institution of music called KALALAYA and teach all
levels of carnatic music (vocal). Has a degree of music and lots of
teaching experience. phone number is: (510) 796-5252. -- Kala Iyer
39) Vijaylakshmi Abhijit: I teach carnatic vocal music -in Irvine,CA -
Central Vasundhara Purushottam 11, Castle Street, Bangalore 25 Phone 569504 Speciality - Carnatic Vocal and Veena Weekly Holiday (WH) Sunday North Sree Kala Kendra 112, 9th Main Road, 7th Cross, R.M.V. Extension, Bangalore 80 Phone 3342562 Speciality - Carnatic Instruments WH Sundays South Bhanumati Ravindran 55/3, 1st Main Road, Tata Silk Farm Basavanagudi, Bangalore 04 Phone 6610631 Speciality - Veena Classical WH Sunday H.S. Gopinath 79, 36th Cross, 6th Main, 5th Block Jayanagar, Bangalore 41 Phone 6636321 Speciality - Tabla WH None N.G. Ravi 65/A, RamRao Layout, Kattreguppa, Bangalore 85 Phone 6694782 Speciality - Mrudangam WH None Meenakshi Ravi 65/A, Ramrao Layout, Kattreguppa, Bangalore 85 Phone 6694782 Speciality - Carnatic Vocal WH None T.V. Ramprasad 504, A Block, Giri Apartments, 2nd Phase, J.P. Nagar Bangalore 78 Phone 646629 Speciality - Carnatic Vocal WH None West C. Nagaraj 29, 6th Cross, Swimming Pool Extension, Malleshwaram, Bangalore 03 Phone 3440872 Speciality - Veena Classes R.K Srikantan 4, Puttaranganna Layout Sheshadripuram, Bangalore 20 Phone 3368190 Speciality - Classical Vocal WH None Laxmi Keshav 112, 20th Cross, CHBS Layout, Vijaynagar, Bangalore 40 Phone 3302972 Speciality - Carnatic Vocal, Veena WH None B.L. Vijaya Sauramya, 688, 2nd Main, D-Block, Rajajinagar, 2nd Stage, Bangalore 10 Phone 3330153 Speciality - Sugam Sangeet WH None Uma Gopalakrishna 122, Sharada, VHBCS Layout, West of Chord Road, 2nd Stage, Mahalaxmipuram, Bangalore 86 Phone 3326411 Speciality - Light & Junior Classical Carnatic WH None
from vigneswar s - University of Montana, Missoula, MT, USA - email@example.com Here's a list of teachers in Malaysia. I don't have full contact addresses, but for the ones that do, please check with them before linking. 1) Smt. Jayalakshmi Shekar (Performing Artiste - Vocal, Veena, Violin, Venu)
45) Smt Sharada Subramanian: Smt Sharada Subramanian, a shishyai of Shri Nedanuri
Krishnamurthy is teaching carnatic vocal at Andhra Association
Building, Lodi Colony, New Delhi. She is conducting free sunday
classes. The main idea is not only to teach but also to improve
Rasigas in the field by making them understand the ragas and
talas. She also teaches small Divyanama Samkirtanas and age
is no bar. For example a Secretary in Govt of India who is in the
verge of retirement and few retired persons are also learning.
She also takes free Annamacharya classes on second saturday
of each month. please contact if any one interested.
firstname.lastname@example.org ( email sent by G.S. Walia -
46) K V Sridhar: Mrudhangam - K V Sridhar - email@example.com - New No.5,
Tiruppur Kumaran Street Extn., Srinivasa Nagar, Chennai - 600
063 - "I am a professional performing artist in Mrudhangam. I
began my studentship in the traditional gurukulam in the year
1973 under the auspices of Mrudhanga Vidwan Sri.
Kumbakonam Rajappa Iyer. I have a teaching experience of
more than 20 years. I have also participated as accompaniment
for leading artists during the annual music festivals. At present, I
am teaching in New Perungalathur, Chennai."
47) Divyadhwani: Seetha Narayanan's School Of Carnatic Music: run by Smt Seetha Narayanan
The school was started in 1986 by Smt Seetha Narayanan to
meet a sorely- felt need for quality Carnatic music training in
Ayanavaram area of Chennai City.Over 200 students of all age-
groups(school and college children,housewives and even
elderly women) have benefited from the school and Seetha's
dedicated teaching.Now students come from even far away
places. and a few from abroad for advanced lessons. more