|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 28 / 28
1) Keyboard Sathya: Master K Sathyanarayanan, a prodigy is just 9 year old (2004-08-08).
He is presently learning instrumental under Mandolin shri U Shrinivas
and vocal under Sri Badrinathan.
4) BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Top award for Indian film singer: "If your thoughts remain simple, your face remains young, and your
voice, youthful." - WOW
5) Jayalakshmi Sekhar: I am a carnatic musician, living in Malaysia and a current disciple
Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr. S. Pinakapani of Andhra Pradesh, India. I
specialise in the veena, and also play the violin and flute and sing
nattuvangam for Dancers here.
I travel to india frequently to perform and have been doing so for
past 6 yrs.
Email : jlvina at yahoo.com
7) Bombay Sisters-India Bombay Carnatic Music Artists: Indian acrnatic music, carnatic music exponents, eminent in music field,concerts performed abroad.: -India Bombay Carnatic Music Artists: Indian acrnatic music,
carnatic music exponents, eminent in music field,concerts
14) Mrs Anuradha Suresh Krishnamurthi: Mrs Anuradha Suresh Krishnamurthi - Anuradha is the daughter
of Mr K.V. Narayanaswamy. she has established herself as
leading singer in carnatic music and has performed in many
places including the US. She has also given number of
23) Madurai Mani Iyer: Madurai Mani Iyer (1912-1968) was born into a family of musicians, deeply interested in classical music. His paternal uncle, Madurai Pushpavanam Iyer, was one of the three celebrated vocalists during the first quarter of this century.
Madurai Mani Iyer's first teacher was Rajam Iyer, noted for his singing of swarams. But, it was his second Guru, the renowned Mutthiah Bhagavatar, who shaped Mani Iyer into a full-fledged musician. Young Mani was a prodigy and commenced giving concerts when he was 12.
He soon became a vocalist par excellence, and never looked back for four
decades. He built up a vast repertoire of compositions of various kinds
but his forte was swaram singing. This feature in Carnatic music is the
inherent tonal relationships of a ragam delineated through solfa
passages. Mani Iyer evolved an unusual pattern of weaving the notes of a
ragam into a fabric of melodic and rhythmic consonance. His uncanny
sense of the sruti or subtle microtone enabled him to produce
extraordinary musical effects. He was noted for flights of imagination and
originality in structured note patterns across the body of a ragam.
27) Smt Sharada Subramanian: Smt Sharada Subramanian, a shishyai of Shri Nedanuri
Krishnamurthy is teaching carnatic vocal at Andhra Association
Building, Lodi Colony, New Delhi. She is conducting free sunday
classes. The main idea is not only to teach but also to improve
Rasigas in the field by making them understand the ragas and
talas. She also teaches small Divyanama Samkirtanas and age
is no bar. For example a Secretary in Govt of India who is in the
verge of retirement and few retired persons are also learning.
She also takes free Annamacharya classes on second saturday
of each month. please contact if any one interested.
email@example.com ( email sent by G.S. Walia -
28) Controversial - Richard Wagner performance in Israel : Controversial - Richard Wagner performance in Israel
The famous conductor Daniel Barenboim's recent performance
of Richard Wagner's music in Israel has been the center of
much debate, as the composer's music is banned there. Many
in Israel, and in particular survivors of the holocaust,
regard Wagner's music as a symbol of the Third Reich. In
his lifetime the composer was hostile to Jewish presence
both in Germany and German Art. But for the conductor
Daniel Barenboim, a Jew and Israeli himself, the man
Wagner, is not the same as the music he created, which he,
along with many other great musicians, consider to be some
of the greatest music ever written.