|carnatic.com > World Wide Wisdom||< Namaste Netizen. Login | Sign-up | About | Donate >||Search|
|Prefs: Display: title/+ content/+ tags | Sort: Changed/Added/Prio | Tags: All/Strict/Directory/4/5 | Tag sort: Count/Alpha | Hit/pg: 50/100|
No of displayed entries: 39 / 39
1) World of Veena Music by Sujana Vadlamani: This site contains classical veena music in real audio by Sujana
Parupalli who is the grand daughter of Gayaka Sarvabhouma Parupalli
2) Tiruvarur Vaidyanathan: Web page is written on Sri Tiruvarur Vaidyanathan, a leading mridangist of the
day. Having played for many stalwart Vocalists and instrumentalists, no doubt -
he is one of the top instrumentalists. Web page aims to introduce basics and
advanced playing techniques of mridangam in the next phase of development. Hope
readers will enjoy it.
3) T.M.Krishna: T.M.Krishna is one of the leading artists in the field of carnatic
music (Indian classical music-south Indian style) today. He has been
performing from the age of 12. Today he is the youngest singer to
occupy the top slot in almost every major music festival.
4) T.V. Ramprasadh: T.V.Ramprasadh is one of the prominent Carnatic classical vocalists.
Gifted with a mellow, bass voice capable of a panoramic range,
Ramprasadh has trained it with infinite patience and practice, and
shaped it into a voice that weaves a magical spell of sonic beauty.
His captivating voice, clarity in diction and unique style have evoked
unqualified approbation of all listeners. He is capable of
establishing an instant rapport with listeners and his haunting
strains linger in the mind of audiences’ world over. He maintains
purity of the classical form through discipline, concentration and
uncompromising adherence of tradition.
5) Carnatic Music Page of Deepa Srinivasan: She has performed in Bangalore, Cuddalore, Thanjavur, Karaikudi,
Mallur and so on. She has peformed in different sabhas like Vidwath
Samajam, YACM, Bharath Kalachar, Kapali Fine Arts, Mylapore Fine Arts,
Rasika Ranjani Sabha, Naada Inbum in Madras; and in sabhas like Gayana
Samaj, Indian Institute of World Culture, Yuvanika, Jayanagar Cultural
Association in Bangalore. She has also performed in places like
Austin, College Station, Houston and Dallas in the USA
6) Chembai Vaidyanatha Iyer: With a knowledge of the art deeply acquired and with a voice that
earned Chembai Vaidyanatha Bagavathar the fame of bell metal voiced
bhagavathar with its power and majesty yet sweet and melodious, he
rose to supreme heights, taking vast audiences to rapturous delights
in a span of about 70 years of performance expertise. A humble man, he
attributed all his success to his favorite God - Guruvayurappan. His
closed left fist gently swaying up and down, the joy of pure nada when
he held on to single notes, his very own kathiri swaras, his
stupendous stamina, his great sense of humour, his closed mouth
singing of ragas, his abiding sympathy for his fellow accompanists as
also his disciples endeared him to connoisseurs and critics alike
8) Rythms of Carnatic Music : Dear Music Lovers,
Carnatic Music Classes offered for kids (age above 4) and ladies.
Trained in carnatic music for 20 years under guru Sajeev Kumar of
– Classical/Carnatic lessons (from basics to varnam to keerthanams),
- Light music
- Slokas and Devotional songs.
- Theory of carnatic music with regard to ragas, arohanam,
avarohanam, origin also taught.
Individual classes for each student.
For further details contact Nandini Anant @ 973 220 4740.
9) Sudhas Carnatic Songs: Basically Sudha is a Professional Carnatic Vocalist based in
Chennai. Dedicated herself to the World of Music. She is doing
research in music, voice culture. Holding Master Degree in Music.
Also playing Veena. Learnt Western Voice culture and Piano in
Finland and presented various types of presentation.
10) Bharatanatyam Varnam instructions in DVD: Nrithya Choodamani Priyadarsini Govind sets out to explore 'Varnam'
in a structured manner and provides a panoptic view of this colourful
element through a dazzling demonstration & recital of two exciting
11) Keyboard Sathya: Master K Sathyanarayanan, a prodigy is just 9 year old (2004-08-08).
He is presently learning instrumental under Mandolin shri U Shrinivas
and vocal under Sri Badrinathan.
12) Ragavan Manian, vocalist: Ragavan Manian is a vocalist and disciple of maestro Dr. Balamurali
Krishna. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area now where he actively
performs, practices and composes carnatic music. He plays violin and
bansuri, besides a host of other instruments. His instrumental skills are
largely self-taught. He is one of the key artists in
the Thillana light music band (www.thillana.net) . He is a software engineer
profession and a
graduate of IIT Madras.
15) BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Top award for Indian film singer: "If your thoughts remain simple, your face remains young, and your
voice, youthful." - WOW
16) Jayalakshmi Sekhar: I am a carnatic musician, living in Malaysia and a current disciple
Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr. S. Pinakapani of Andhra Pradesh, India. I
specialise in the veena, and also play the violin and flute and sing
nattuvangam for Dancers here.
I travel to india frequently to perform and have been doing so for
past 6 yrs.
Email : jlvina at yahoo.com
18) Bombay Sisters-India Bombay Carnatic Music Artists: Indian acrnatic music, carnatic music exponents, eminent in music field,concerts performed abroad.: -India Bombay Carnatic Music Artists: Indian acrnatic music,
carnatic music exponents, eminent in music field,concerts
25) Mrs Anuradha Suresh Krishnamurthi: Mrs Anuradha Suresh Krishnamurthi - Anuradha is the daughter
of Mr K.V. Narayanaswamy. she has established herself as
leading singer in carnatic music and has performed in many
places including the US. She has also given number of
34) Madurai Mani Iyer: Madurai Mani Iyer (1912-1968) was born into a family of musicians, deeply interested in classical music. His paternal uncle, Madurai Pushpavanam Iyer, was one of the three celebrated vocalists during the first quarter of this century.
Madurai Mani Iyer's first teacher was Rajam Iyer, noted for his singing of swarams. But, it was his second Guru, the renowned Mutthiah Bhagavatar, who shaped Mani Iyer into a full-fledged musician. Young Mani was a prodigy and commenced giving concerts when he was 12.
He soon became a vocalist par excellence, and never looked back for four
decades. He built up a vast repertoire of compositions of various kinds
but his forte was swaram singing. This feature in Carnatic music is the
inherent tonal relationships of a ragam delineated through solfa
passages. Mani Iyer evolved an unusual pattern of weaving the notes of a
ragam into a fabric of melodic and rhythmic consonance. His uncanny
sense of the sruti or subtle microtone enabled him to produce
extraordinary musical effects. He was noted for flights of imagination and
originality in structured note patterns across the body of a ragam.
38) Smt Sharada Subramanian: Smt Sharada Subramanian, a shishyai of Shri Nedanuri
Krishnamurthy is teaching carnatic vocal at Andhra Association
Building, Lodi Colony, New Delhi. She is conducting free sunday
classes. The main idea is not only to teach but also to improve
Rasigas in the field by making them understand the ragas and
talas. She also teaches small Divyanama Samkirtanas and age
is no bar. For example a Secretary in Govt of India who is in the
verge of retirement and few retired persons are also learning.
She also takes free Annamacharya classes on second saturday
of each month. please contact if any one interested.
firstname.lastname@example.org ( email sent by G.S. Walia -
39) Controversial - Richard Wagner performance in Israel : Controversial - Richard Wagner performance in Israel
The famous conductor Daniel Barenboim's recent performance
of Richard Wagner's music in Israel has been the center of
much debate, as the composer's music is banned there. Many
in Israel, and in particular survivors of the holocaust,
regard Wagner's music as a symbol of the Third Reich. In
his lifetime the composer was hostile to Jewish presence
both in Germany and German Art. But for the conductor
Daniel Barenboim, a Jew and Israeli himself, the man
Wagner, is not the same as the music he created, which he,
along with many other great musicians, consider to be some
of the greatest music ever written.