No of displayed entries: 10 / 10
1) Antoine de Saint-Exupery: If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea.
2) J Krishnamurti : Truth is a Pathless Land: "My only concern is to set men absolutely, unconditionally free"
3) Charlie Chaplin UK: "You have to believe in yourself, that's the secret. Even when
I was in the orphanage, when I was roaming the streets trying
to find enough to eat, even then I thought of myself as the
greatest actor in the world. I had to feel the exuberance
that comes from utter confidence in yourself. Without it,
you go down to defeat."
- Charlie Chaplin
4) Ken Thompson:
5) Dennis Ritchie Home Page: At the end of the page... it was stated : 'Last fiddled: January,
2001, just to put into categories. '
I say : You can put in categories in this tool too...
6) Ask Osho? The Mystic Replies to Your Questions: Your Questions Answered
Your Answers Questioned
7) John VanDyk: View from an Iowa Homestead: We\'re Here to Help: His metadata plugin is one of my
inspirations/references for building this tool...
8) Joshua Allen : Better Living Through Software: once he referred to kanishta brahman or something ! -
he has a great 'making a semantic web' article...
9) Henry D. Thoreau: Life
without principle is a mind bomb
"The greater part of what my neighbors call good I believe in my soul to be
bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior.
What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" - Walden
10) Philip Greenspun: Some of Phil's statements...
- Work on something that excites you enough to want
work 24x7. Become an expert on data model + page
Build some great systems by yourself and put them on
resume ("I built X" rather than "I built a piece of X as
part of a huge team"). Take periodic long trips to exotic
countries and learn from people (sometimes your own
country is after all the most exotic).
- question : how about starting a nonprofit web
So the bottom line is that I think the most interesting
profit work is done
by groups that start with a cause and use technology as
Environmental Defense and scorecard.org) rather than
that that start
with a technology solution in search of a problem.
- What makes your BBOARD so successful?
I think that the best thing someone can say about a Web
service is "I got my
question answered there." --- Bottom line is that your
final statement is correct. It takes more than
- How are things going with the Ars Digita case?
The fight is over. Competent lawyers like to say "A bad
settlement is better
than a good lawsuit." I'd go so far as to say this was a
good settlement in
that each party got what it really wanted. So that means
it is much much
better than any lawsuit.