carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Weekly Knowledge
Searching for "Weekly Knowledge" .....
- * [Knowledge] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Knowledge]) ..... 220.127.116.11
- * [Knowledge Management] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Knowledge%20Management]) ..... 18.104.22.168
- * [The Best Part of Knowledge] (new) ..... 22.214.171.124
- * [Weekly Knowledge] (new) ..... 126.96.36.199
- * [FranklinCovey Knowledge Expo] (new) ..... 188.8.131.52
- Skandha Sashti
- Lord Subramanya is a ray born of the Consciousness of Lord Siva. Valli and Deivayanai are His two wives. They represent the power of action and the power of knowledge respectively. He is the easily accessible Godhead in this dark age of ignorance and godlessness. In this He is no different from Hanuman. He gives material and spiritual prosperity and success in every undertaking of His devotees, even if they show a little devotion to Him. He is worshipped with great devotion in South India. Lord Subramanya’s other names are Guha, Muruga, Kumaresa, Kartikeya, Shanmukha, and Velayudhan.
- The six heads represent the six rays or attributes, namely, wisdom, dispassion, strength, fame, wealth and divine powers. They indicate that He is the source of the four Vedas, the Vedangas and the six schools of philosophy. They also indicate His control over the five organs of knowledge as well as the mind. They denote that He is the Supreme Being with thousands of heads and hands. That His head in turned in all directions signifies He is all-pervading. They indicate that He can multiply and assume forms at His will.
- In addition to the Skanda Sashti, devotees of Lord Subramanya observe weekly and monthly days in His honour. Every Friday, or the Kartigai Nakshatram day every month, or the sixth day of the bright fortnight,—all these are sacred days for His devotees. The sixth day of the month of Tulam (October-November) is the most auspicious of them all. This is the Skanda Sashti day.
- Weekly Knowledge
- [Links] > Weekly Knowledge
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- [Weekly Knowledge]
- * Second-hand knowledge of the self gathered from books or gurus can never emancipate a man until its truth is rightly investigated and applied; only direct realisation will do that. Realise yourself, turning the mind inward. - Tripura Rahasya, 18: 89
- * Sri Sri [Ravi Shankar]'s [Weekly Knowledge] [*|http://www.artofliving-foundation.de/Wissensblaetter/Weekly%20Knowledge.htm]
22 matches found in 5 pages.