carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Tilak
Searching for "Tilak" .....
- * [Tilak] (new) ..... 18.104.22.168
- Vision Creates Great Leaders
- leaders like Lala Lajpat Rai, Lokmanya Tilak, Mahatma
- [Why do we wear marks (tilak and the like) on the forehead?|http://www.saranam.com/Pujas/rituals.asp#11]
- [Etc] > Tilak
- [The Magick Path of Tantra] : ...One of the unique features of India is the Tilak, the red mark used to denote that one belongs to the Hindu community. Although it is used by all women it is used by men also. Its ancient origin is amusing. In the long distant past, when a girl had her first monthly period she became an adult and the parents wanted to get her married as soon as possible. Propaganda was used in various forms to let the local bachelors know that it was now time to speak up and pop the question. This method was not favoured among the young girls and most were shy and embarrassed by a man going around the town beating a drum and shouting "Gulub is having a bloody time". Prayers to Vishwakarma solved the problem. Taking a rest from constructing large galaxies, suns and planets, he found time to visit India. At constructing a better situation he proved ideal. He promulgated a new rule that when the girls had their first Luna blood, the mother should put her finger in the right place and then use the blood to mark a spot or streak between the eyes on the forehead. Thus marked, the girls were proud to walk round the town and no words need be spoken...
5 matches found in 4 pages.