carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Shave
Searching for "Shave" .....
- * [Shave] (new) ..... 18.104.22.168
- Bhaja Govindam
- There are many who go with matted locks, many who have clean shaven heads, many whose hairs have been plucked out; some are clothed in saffron, yet others in various colors --- all just for a livelihood. Seeing truth revealed before them, still the foolish ones see it not. Stanza attributed to Totakacharya.
- I often panic, and worry that I might go mad....
- And my grandfather would say, "What can I do? I cannot go home with half the beard shaved. You just complete it. Where have you been?"
- But nobody can leave his chair with half the beard shaved -- or half the head shaved! You ask him just to shave the beard and he starts shaving your head, and by the time you notice, he has already done the job. So he asks you, "Now what do you want? -- because almost one-fourth of the work is done. If you want to keep it this way I can leave it; otherwise I can finish it. But I will not charge for it because if you say that you never wanted it to be cut, then it is my fault and I should take the punishment. I will not charge you."
- [Skills] > Shave
- [Learn2 Get a Clean, Close, Comfortable (Facial) Shave|http://web.archive.org/web/20000824070737/http://learn2.com/05/0566/0566.asp]
- Guru Nanak
- shaved your head? You are a sanyasin." Guru Nanak replied: "My dear
- friend, I have shaved my mind."
- from [The World Needs Sannyasins|http://www.dlsmd.org/sdr/11-sdr%20nov/1128.htm] : ...True renunciation is the renunciation of all passions, desires and egoism. If you have a stainless mind, a mind free from attachment, egoism and passion, you are a sanyasin - no matter whether you live in a forest or in the bustle of a city, whether you wear white cloth or an orange coloured robe, whether you shave your head or keep a long tuft of hair...Shave the mind. Someone asked Guru Nanak, "O saint, why have you not shaved your head? You are a sanyasin." Guru Nanak replied: "My dear friend, I have shaved my mind." In fact, the mind should be cleanly shaved. Shaving the mind consists of getting rid of all attachments, egoism, infatuation, lust, greed and anger. That is real shaving. External shaving of the head has no meaning so long as there is internal craving...
15 matches found in 5 pages.