carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Salvation
Searching for "Salvation" .....
- * [Salvation] (new) ..... 126.96.36.199
- Nonviolence and us
- Violence, anywhere, in any form, is reprehensible - especially at home and in the workplace, because this means we are committing violence against people we are expected to love, honor, and respect. If we do not hesitate to violate the people closet to, why would we hesitate to harm those we don't know? Salvation lies in changing the self before we attempt to change the society. To quote my grandfather: "We must be the change we wish to see."
- The mind moves towards the source of its own accord, because it has lost its hold now on external objects. It has no resting place in this objective universe. Purification of the mind and mental discipline form the rock-bottom foundation of yoga. When this is effected, the longing for liberation dawns by itself. Mumuksutva must be of a burning type. If burning mumuksutva is coupled with burning vairagya, self-realisation will come within the twinkling of an eye. Generally the vast majority of people have got a dull type of vairagya and mumuksutva. So they do not succeed in their attempts. If one finds that he has not got burning mumuksutva, he must practise the other three sadhanas (practices) vigorously till he acquires intense longing for attaining salvation or immortality. That aspirant who is endowed with these four qualifications should hear the srutis (scriptures) from a Brahma Nista guru (preceptor who is established in Brahman), and then reflect and meditate on the inner self. He will soon get selfrealisation.
- My Happiness Purpose
- What is the point of defining life in such simple and general terms? It shows that the only things we can gain from this life are the memories of our experiences and possibly spiritual salvation or other spiritual benefits if you are religious. Given that our choices and actions and the choices and actions of the people around us shape our experiences, we must consider our choices well; they define our lives.
- Bhaja Govindam
- Anyone who listens to the music of Bhaja govindaM is attracted to it. However, the significance of the text goes much deeper and contains a well defined philosophy of attaining salvation. Shankara words here seem to be quite piercing and seem to lack his softness and tenderness often found in his other texts. The reason is that this was an extempore recital to an old man. His words can be compared to a knife of a doctor. The doctor's knife cruely removes the tumor with much pain, but removing the tumor ultimately restores good health in the patient. So is Shankara's words, which pierce and point out our ignorance. It is a knife into the heart of worldliness, and by removing this tumor of ignorance, we can attain everlasting bliss with the grace of Govinda.
- Varalakshmi Viratham
- Lakshmi not only bestows wealth and all sorts of material prosperity, but also imparts divine wisdom to all Her devotees. She is Vidya Shakti. She introduces Her devotees to Her Lord. She recommends them to Her Lord for their salvation.
- “The seat of all good things, the destroyer of all impurities of this age of darkness, purer than purity itself, the food for the journey of aspirants on the path to salvation, their only resting place, the very life-breath of virtuous men, is the Divine Name of Sri Rama. So say the sages”.
- Unconditional Acceptance
- gentleman was his salvation. I held my tears as I stood there with
- [Words] > Salvation
- The University of Hard Knocks
- VII. THE SALVATION OF A "SUCKER"--You can't get something for
- The Salvation of a "Sucker"
- The Salvation of a Sucker
- Mokshamu Galada
- Is salvation conferred on anyone in this world or is it attainable only to realised souls ?
- knowledge in divine music to attain salvation ? Pranava or Omkara is generated from the
- of divine music emerge. Is salvation obtainable to those who are not able to perceive the mind
15 matches found in 11 pages.