carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Puthucode
Searching for "Puthucode" .....
- * [Puthucode] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Puthucode]) ..... 22.214.171.124
- [India] > [Kerala] > [Palakkad] > Puthucode
- Sree Siva Temple, Puthucode, Palakkad, Kerala 678687
- Puthucode is a picturesque village situated in idyllic surroundings in the central part of Kerala. It is located almost on the westernmost boundary of Alatur taluk in Palghat district, and is a border village lying between Palghat and Trichur districts. One of the oldest temples dedicäled to Goddess Bhagawathi, known as Puthucode Bhagawathi is situated in this village. The temple is located at the centre of a habitation of great Vedic Scholars, all around which live people of Hindu society serving the temple. In essence, the temple formed the centre of activity for the whole villagers catering to their spiritual, cultural and social needs. Due to several factors, the temple came under the management of Naduvil Madam Devaswoms and little is known of the period earlier to this. It is believed that in the days past, a Sanyasi by name Manjapotta Swamji camped in Puthucode, and the villagers gifted the temple and properties to him, thus establishing that the temple belonged to the villagers.
- The changing times also affected the fortunes of temples all over India but particularly those in Kerala. Puthucode Bhagawathi temple was no exception. After the Government took over Devaswom lands the annuity fixed for the temple was grossly insufficient. Also the income of the temple from the devotees fell because of migration of people from the village. Due to these, the conduct of daily pujas and rituals at the temple were affected and conditions become very precarious to the extent that it had to depend upon the manificenco of the villagers for paddy and oil to conduct daily pujas on a day to day basis.
- Puthucode - a quite tranquil village situated in Kerala, India is known for the age old ANNAPORNESWARI TEMPLE and SIVA TEMPLEs and its yearly navaratri festivals celebrated year after year with lots of pomp and show.
- Puthucode is located in Palghat district, Kerala, India on the Plaghat - Trichur national high way, 35 KM from Palghat and 5 KM off Vadakkancheri.
- This site is being developed by “ Capt Maheswar Puthucode “ residing in Singapore.
- Any person interested in submitting any material by way of photographs /images/ text/ or any reading material related to puthucode gramam or SIVA - Bhagawati temples may forward same to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13 matches found in 2 pages.