carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Parsley
Searching for "Parsley" .....
- * [Parsley] (new) ..... 22.214.171.124
- Herbs & Spices
- An extremely versatile herb in the mint family, with many types which vary by flavor, color and size. The domestic version, native to India and Iran, has a large leaf with a flavor that greatly enhances tomatoes, pesto and Italian foods of all kinds. Sweet basil has a smaller leaf and has a sweet taste as its name suggests with a more pungent aroma. Sweet basil also works well in Italian foods. Basil also has blends nicely with other herbs and spices such as parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme, sage and saffron.
- An essential spice in French cuisine, it used like parsley and provides an herbal taste with the slight flavor of anise. Chervil is used much like parsley, but is more delicate. It is most commonly used on fish, egg dishes, salads and as a glaze on vegetables such as carrots.
- Native to Southern Europe, it is grown worldwide in temperate regions. Curly and flat-leaf are the two main types, and both are rich in vitamins and minerals. Flat-leaf parsley is heartier and more flavorful. Curly is milder and is widely used to garnish a large variety of dishes. Parsley goes well in and with sauces, salads, potatoes, omelets and soft cheeses.
- [Food] > Parsley
- [Spice Pages: Parsley|http://www-ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katzer/engl/generic_frame.html?Petr_cri.html]
- Dr. Bieler's Health Broth
- 1 cup of parsley
- Put 1/4 cup of water into a stock pot. Put the string beans in first and steam for about 5 minutes. Then put celery and zucchini into the pot and steam for another 5 - 7 minutes or until tender, but still crisp. Do not overcook. When done put the water that the vegetables have cooked in into the blender. Follow with the vegetables. Blend until liquefied. Add a teaspoon of raw unsalted butter and a large handful of parsley. Blend again until parsley is liquefied.
12 matches found in 4 pages.