carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Montaigne
Searching for "Montaigne" .....
- * [Montaigne] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Montaigne]) ..... 220.127.116.11
- * [Michel de Montaigne] (new) ..... 18.104.22.168
- [Michel de Montaigne] : There is no man so good, who, were he to submit all his thoughts and actions to the laws, would not deserve hanging ten times in his life.
- Michel de Montaigne
- [People] > Michel de Montaigne
- [People] > Montaigne
- Montaigne called his book Essais; the French essayer means to attempt, to try out, and the rather archaic English to essay is cognate.
- Montaigne's preeminent interest was in human beings. Inhuman nature did not much concern him.
- The crucial questions for Montaigne were not the Pascalian obsessions of asking why God put me her and where he will send me when I die, but rather, How do I best spend the time I have been given and which men and women do I really love or admire? It was the life of this world that engaged his passions
10 matches found in 4 pages.