carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Mango
Searching for "Mango" .....
- * [Mango] (new) ..... 22.214.171.124
- Anant Chaturdashi
- Kaundinya went into the forest. There he saw a tree full of mangoes, but no one was eating the mangoes. The entire tree was attacked by worms. He asked the tree if he had seen Anant, but got a negative reply. Then Kaundinya saw a cow with her calf, then a bull standing on a field of grass without eating the grass. Then he saw two big lakes joined to each other with their waters mixing with one another. Further he saw a donkey and an elephant. To every one Kaundinya asked about Anant, but no one had even heard this name. Then he became desperate and prepared a rope to hang himself.
- Anant promised Kaundinya that if he made the 14-year-vow, he would be free from all his sins, and would obtain wealth, children and happiness. Then Anant disclosed the meaning of what Kaundinya had seen during the search. Anant explained that the mango tree was a brahmin, who in a previous life had acquired plenty of knowledge, but had not communicated it to anyone. The cow was the earth, which at the beginning had eaten all the seeds of plants. The bull was religion itself. Now he was standing on a field of green grass. The two Lakes were two sisters who loved each other very much, but all their alms were spent on each other only. The donkey was cruelty and anger. Finally the elephant Kaundinya's pride.
- [Banana] [Mango] Pomegranate Apple Orange Cherry Peach Pineapple Guava Cucumber Tomato Melon [Strawberry] Grape [Durian] Papaya Jackfruit Kiwi Persimmon Tamarind Olive [Dragon fruit] Passion fruit Tamarillo Fig Avocado Plums
- [Health] > [Fruits]> Mango
- Varalakshmi Viratham
- The Vrata is observed on the Friday immediately preceding the full moon day of the month of Sravan (August-September). After a purificatory bath, the lady should put on a clean, fresh cloth and make a mandala with the drawing of a lotus upon it. A kalasha filled with rice and topped with fresh mango leaves, a coconut and cloth are placed on the mandala and Lakshmi is invoked therein. Fresh grains are used in the worship as they convey the idea of growth and prosperity.
- [Mangoes from all over on show|http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow.asp?art_id=12596998]
9 matches found in 6 pages.