carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Literature, Arts, & Medicine Database
Searching for "Literature, Arts, & Medicine Database" .....
- * [Build your own Database Driven Website using PHP and MySQL] (new) ..... 18.104.22.168
- * [My Arts & crafts] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=My%20Arts%20%26%20crafts]) ..... 22.214.171.124
- * [Institute for Traditional Medicine] (new) ..... 126.96.36.199
- * [Herbs & Spices] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Herbs%20%26%20Spices]) ..... 188.8.131.52
- * [Heaven & Hell] (new) ..... 184.108.40.206
- * [Pollachi Consultants & Advisors] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Pollachi%20Consultants%20%26%20Advisors]) ..... 220.127.116.11
- * [Literature, Arts, & Medicine Database] (new) ..... 18.104.22.168
- * [M & M's] (new) ..... 22.214.171.124
- * [Teacher & Students] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Teacher%20%26%20Students]) ..... 126.96.36.199
- * [Reflections on science & technology, policies and philosophy] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Reflections%20on%20science%20%26%20technology%2C%20policies%20and%20philosophy]) ..... 188.8.131.52
- * [My Arts & Crafts] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=My%20Arts%20%26%20Crafts]) ..... 184.108.40.206
- * [Literature, Arts, & Medicine Database]
- The [Literature, Arts, & Medicine Database] is an annotated bibliography of prose, poetry, film, video and art which is being developed as a dynamic, accessible, comprehensive resource in MEDICAL HUMANITIES, for use in health/pre-health and liberal arts settings.
- [Alan Kay] is enraptured by the potential impact that computing technology can have on the world. He is especially interested in education and hopes that this new technology will create, what he calls, a "skeptical man." He likens the personal computer to the present day book and believes that if everyone had access to a computer, people would be more prone to play "what-if" games with information. He says that "the [information] retrieval systems of the future are not going to retrieve facts but points of view. The weakness of databases is that they let you retrieve facts, while the strength of our culture over the past several hundred years has been our ability to take on multiple points of view. It should be possible for every kid everywhere to test what he or she is being told either against arguments of others or by appeal to computer simulation. The question is: will society nurture that potential or suppress it?"
- In Germany, [Fourth phase of ecological tax reform started on January 1, 2002 |http://eng.bundesregierung.de/top/dokumente/Artikel/ix_66146.htm?template=single&id=66146_4317&script=1&ixepf=_66146_4317]
- Literature, Arts, & Medicine Database
- [Links] > Literature, Arts, & Medicine Database
- Felice Aull
- Editor-in-chief of [Literature, Arts, & Medicine Database]
39 matches found in 5 pages.