carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Guru Nanak
Searching for "Guru Nanak" .....
- * [Sadhguru] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Sadhguru]) ..... 126.96.36.199
- * [Guru] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Guru]) ..... 188.8.131.52
- * [Guru Nanak] (new) ..... 184.108.40.206
- * [Senthilkumar Gurumurthy] (new) ..... 220.127.116.11
- * [Gurudeva] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Gurudeva]) ..... 18.104.22.168
- * [Guruji] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Guruji]) ..... 22.214.171.124
- Guru Nanak
- [People] > Guru Nanak
- Someone asked Guru Nanak, "O saint, why have you not
- shaved your head? You are a sanyasin." Guru Nanak replied: "My dear
- from [The World Needs Sannyasins|http://www.dlsmd.org/sdr/11-sdr%20nov/1128.htm] : ...True renunciation is the renunciation of all passions, desires and egoism. If you have a stainless mind, a mind free from attachment, egoism and passion, you are a sanyasin - no matter whether you live in a forest or in the bustle of a city, whether you wear white cloth or an orange coloured robe, whether you shave your head or keep a long tuft of hair...Shave the mind. Someone asked Guru Nanak, "O saint, why have you not shaved your head? You are a sanyasin." Guru Nanak replied: "My dear friend, I have shaved my mind." In fact, the mind should be cleanly shaved. Shaving the mind consists of getting rid of all attachments, egoism, infatuation, lust, greed and anger. That is real shaving. External shaving of the head has no meaning so long as there is internal craving...
21 matches found in 2 pages.