carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Fasts
Searching for "Fasts" .....
- * [Fasts] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Fasts]) ..... 188.8.131.52
- * [Fasts]
- Bhaja Govindam
- One may go to gangasagar, observe fasts, and give away riches in charity ! Yet, devoid of jnana, nothing can give mukthi even at the end of a hundred births. Stanza attributed to Sureshwaracharya.
- forward on local TV and radio programs, at Rotary Club breakfasts to which
- What is the meaning of Life?
- So the first thing: religion has to be creative. Up to now, religion has remained very passive, almost impotent. You don't expect a religious person to be creative. You just expect him to fast, sit in a cave, get up early in the morning, chant mantras... and this kind of stupid thing. And you are perfectly satisfied! What is he doing? And you praise him because he goes on long fasts. Maybe he is a masochist; maybe he enjoys torturing himself. He sits there when it is icy cold, naked, and you appreciate him. But what is the point, what is the value in it? All the animals of the world are naked in the icy cold -- they are not saints. Or when it is hot, he sits in the hot sun, and you appreciate him. You say, "Look! here is a great ascetic." But what is he doing? What is his contribution to the world? What beauty has he added to the world? Has he changed the world a little bit? Has he made it a little more sweet, more fragrant? No, you don't ask that.
- [Religion] > Fasts
- Visit & download [Hindu Fasts & Festival/|http://www.thedivinelifesociety.org/download/hindufest.htm/]
- 3. On the birthday itself everyone fasts and spends the whole day in holy communion.
9 matches found in 7 pages.