carnatic.com > Karmasaya : Full Text Search Results : Compromise
Searching for "Compromise" .....
- * [compromise] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=compromise]) ..... 184.108.40.206
- * [Compromise] ([diff|phpwiki:?diff=Compromise]) ..... 220.127.116.11
- [Janis Joplin] : Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.
- Azim Premji's Success Recipe
- While success is important, it can become enduring only if it is built on a strong foundation of Values. Define what you stand for as early as possible and do not compromise with it for any reason. Nobody can enjoy the fruits of success if you have to argue with your own conscience.
- [William Damon] coauthor of [Good Work] : "We're getting people to overcome the sense that to have a good career, you've got to compromise or cut
- The Ten Marks of a Happy Marriage
- 6. CONFLICT RESOLUTION: A survey among 700 marriage counselors found that 'communication breakdown' headed the list of marital problems (followed by loss of shared goals/interests; sexual incompatibility, infidelity, excitement and fun leaving the marriage, money, conflicts about children, alcohol/drug abuse, women's equality issues and the in-laws). Conflict arises because we bring different biographies, needs, interests, values, and lifestyles to our marriage. The trigger for a 'conflictual explosion' may include loss of a job, arrival of a new baby, an illness, moving to a new house, taking an aged parent into the home etc. Marriage breakdowns do not happen because of 'differences'; they happen because a couple can't handle those differences. Relationships do not cause conflict: they bring out whatever incompleteness we have within us anyway. Conflict is a contest of wills, but it ought not to be viewed as a power struggle or as a question of who is right or wrong. Gentle assertiveness is called for: 'speaking the truth in love' and asking about feelings that underlie the difficulty. Discuss with dignity, and sensitivity to the other's needs. 'If pride and prejudice were set aside, most difficulties could be resolved in five minutes.' Resolution may allow one partner or the other to have a 'veto' in certain areas: in our marriage, Jan has veto power in the kitchen, I do with the cars (except for their colour!). But re the issue of my ministry-time away from home, this was resolved in a family conference: I would not be away more than a third of the time; and would forego preaching engagements at least once a month to attend our local church with my wife and family. Some things important to you you'll have to concede - that is, compromise. Jan and I compromise on our leisure: I like competitive sports and swimming but she prefers walking so we walk more than we swim (and we rarely play tennis together!). And don't complain too much: your 'fussing' can be viewed as trivial by the other.
- Definitions Redefined
- Compromise :The art of dividing a cake in such a way that everybody believes he got the biggest piece.
- [Words] > Compromise
- Sri Sri [Ravi Shankar] : "Let us take a couple... one of them want a baby and the other not! How to compromise?"
- https://twitter.com/KapilGuptaMD/status/1011820399011778562 : I am happy to Compromise ... On the things I care not about.
13 matches found in 7 pages.