by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?
Why do people turn to terrorism?
- The first factor is frustration and desperation to achieve a goal. When people are desperate to achieve some goal and are unable to do it, the desperation brings up violence in them.
- The second factor is belief in a non-verifiable concept of merit and heaven: if I die fighting for God, then I will go to heaven, because God wants this act to happen. Who knows? No one can verify these statements.
- The third is a staunch belief that “my way is the only way.”
- Fourth is ignoring human values in order to achieve a goal, and
- fifth is the lack of respect or honor for life itself.
"I would say we need to be compassionate toward the terrorists. They are completely mistaken—they are mistaken as to their religious teachings, they have a mistaken idea of freedom, and they are mistaken in what they want to achieve in life because they are inflicting suffering on others and also on themselves. So they need compassion, they need understanding.
Directing hatred and anger towards terrorists will not change or improve them. We need to bring transformation in them. For this we need patience, endurance, and compassion."
full interview : http://www.iahv.org/terrorism.html
|10 best incoming links:
10 best outgoing links:
10 most popular nearby:
Ravi Shankar (978)