A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the apple of their eyes.
One morning, the husband saw a medicine bottle open. As he was late for work, he asked the wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. The mother, who was preoccupied in the kitchen, totally forgot the matter.
The boy playfully went to the medicine bottle and, fascinated with its colour, drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child showed signs of poisoning, the mother took him to the hospital, where he died.
The mother was stunned. She was too terrified to face her husband. When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just four words.
QUESTIONS : 1. What were the four words ? 2. What is the implication of this story ? Check with the answers only after you have tried to come up with your own.
Scroll down... but do think of answers before scrolling !
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The husband just said " I Love You Darling ." The husband's totally unexpected reaction is proactive behaviour. He is indeed a genius in human relationships.
The child is dead.
He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother. She had also lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her. If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world.
"A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step." Take off all your unforgiveness, fear, envies, jealousies and selfishness, AND you will find things are actually not so difficult as you think.
|10 best incoming links:
10 best outgoing links:
10 most popular nearby: